Fazer Blue Spot Caliper

KevC

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi All
Im new to this site but Travis asked if I could post pictures & details of my brake conversion.
The disc is available new from Mikes XS or one of the european outlets such as www.xs650shop.de in Germany & bolts straight on, comes with an aluminium adaptor to offset the disc to the correct position and can be used with the original caliper if you want.
The Fazer Blue spot caliper came from ebay and the mounting adaptor I made.
This was CNC machined and I will post pics of the CNC co-ordinates etc... I have the drawings on Mastercam so can easily post any other dimensions anyone may need, just let me know
Cheers Kev

Attachments

• FazerCaliper100.jpg
    FazerCaliper100.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 4,310
  • CALIPERMOUNTPIC1.jpg
    CALIPERMOUNTPIC1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,886
  • CALIERMOUNTPIC2.jpg
    CALIERMOUNTPIC2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,474
  • CALIPERMOUNTPIC3.jpg
    CALIPERMOUNTPIC3.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,492
Hey Kev, thanks for posting! And welcome to the site! Great info there and it looks good. :thumbsup: How thick is that bracket?

- yes-nice profiles mate - any chance of getting the blue changed to yellow or something or changing the background colour to white so my tired old eyes can read them properly:thumbsup:

Cheers Guys
Can't remember the bracket thickness off the top of my head :doh:, so Ill measure it tomorrow. There is also a recess on the back to clear the fork leg mounting brackets & place the caliper in the correct postion to the disc, which is 4 or 5mm, Ill check tomorrow.
Ill also try changing those colours for those with tired old eyes :thumbsup:

Especially for inxs
here are those drawings in some colours that are easier on the eye:D

Attachments

• caliperdrawing3.jpg
    caliperdrawing3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,636
  • caliperdrawing2.jpg
    caliperdrawing2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,674
  • caliperdrawing1.jpg
    caliperdrawing1.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,762
Hi All
The caliper mount thickness is 15.5mm tho thats just because it was what we had at work, prob started at 16mm plate before machining flat. The recess is 4mm. So if you go the recess way you will need about 16mm to start because the recess will reduce it to 12mm.
You could just use 12mm or 1/2" flat and use 4mm spacers, if you aint got machining facilities. Hope the picture below helps with what I mean :thumbsup:

Attachments

• FazerCaliperTop.jpg
    FazerCaliperTop.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 2,070
Thanks. That picture does help a lot. Good idea about using 1/2" stock and 4mm spacers for us people without a CNC mill to use whenever we need one. Don't you think we could get away with 5/16" or 3/8" material since that looks closer to what the stock mounting flanges are anyway?

Travis
Being honest I just looked around the machine shop at various thickness plate we had :confused: and choose the 16mm, taking into account the 4mm recess at the back & the 2mm recess in the front (only decorative), which reduces it to about 10mm in places. So if you were to use spacers 3/8" should be ok :thumbsup:

crash
I work as a CNC machinist/programmer and made the adaptor at work (in my own time of course :D ) Unfortunately I was recently made redundant so dont have any access to machinig equipement at mo. Just about got the adaptor done :D but was going to machine my initials into the recess, just ran out of time. Kept all the fixtures tho :thumbsup:

Not really made too much for my XS, it came pretty well sorted with some one off stainless exhaust pipes, an extended, braced swingarm with concentric adjustment and most parts black powder coated. Ive replaced plenty of bits with stainless cos the bike lives outside in our notorious wet English weather :(

Attachments

• Bob1.jpg
    Bob1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1,638
  • concentric swingarm.jpg
    concentric swingarm.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,810
Its the only one Ive seen like it too, its braced in the standard XS way, but I have no idea who made it, damn cool tho :thumbsup:

This set up really needs an 11mm bore master cylinder to give it a bit more feel, I know I can get one from Mikes XS but its 65 euros over here :(
Nearly all master cylinders on ebay are just listed as wot bike they are from, so does anyone have a few ideas of wot bikes are running an 11mm bore master cylinder prefer one with an M10 banjo fitment too
Cheers Kev

Back