removing gear shaft needle bearing-help needed

can't see any dot punch marks on any of mine but then my gears are fully assembled so might not be visible now.

Have you tried jiggling all the cogs around whilst changing gear ? the dogs on the gears quite often don't locate unless the clusters are spinning as they would be in use.
I think you are going to have to strip them and rebuild them again .

You've now made me think about fitting an overdrive 5th gear .. Thats going to hold up my engine rebuild for a few weeks whilst I wait for a gear from Mikesxs in the US:(

RIGHTO! so i found a spare hour yesterday, had a good look at both shafts & found the problem..number 2 gear on the output shaft had a filthy burr on the turning surface which of course didn't do much to allow it to spin. VERY finely filed it off & inspected the the shaft itself, re resembled & you beaut its like a bought one!
appreciate all the help..it was it worth (to me at least) to put the questions out there to get some of the info you blokes came out with.
So next step is new bearings on the crank..have looked & read a bit but havnt been able to find out how to remove the cam chain cog from the crank once ive split it.
Have i not looked hard enough? input always welcome. cheers!

The cam chain gear is a snug slip fit on the crank. It should slip right off. The notch in the end is what locks it to the crank.
Leo

Back