Motor value?

pcarnut

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi, I got a spare engine with my 76 650 recently and am considering selling it. Can I get an idea what it might be worth? I have no idea of the internal condition, it turns over, the cases have lost their clear coat, came with carbs, good for parts if nothing else. Thanks

Post the engine # if you like, can tell what year from that.....Later the better obviously.
Early motors worth a bit less I'd say due to unobtanability of some parts.

If it's unknown, then not really worth much, maybe try & trade for some bits you need.

I'd keep it for what it's worth, at least untill you prove the motor you've got. Advance mech might be handy, carbs, clutch pieces, rotor/stator. All those parts will cost more than you'll get for the motor if you NEED them!

After riding the bike I've realized it's just not for me, so it's going to be sold. I've got someone interested in just the motor and have no idea what it's worth. Number starts with 447 if I recall, it's stuck in the corner right now and not accessible.

The last engine I bought that had no known history was $100, you guys can buy a whole bike for that!

Yeah, it's not worth much.. If the carbs if in good shape they're probably worth as much as the rest of the motor if someone can't hear it run. I guess it probably depends on where you live and what time of the year you try selling it. The side covers and stator are worth something too so I guess all together it'll add up to something.

Back