'75 paint choices

- star black

streamimage-3.jpg
streamimage-2.jpg

- spanish burgundy aka baja brown

streamimage.jpg
streamimage-1.jpg

I have it on good authority the Yamaha dealers in Queensland Australia were the only ones to import the brilliant red 76C into Australia. The Yamaha dealerships were a state to state independent dealerships at one time, and the Queensland dealers wanted the brilliant red

Attachments

• PICT0051.jpg
    PICT0051.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 303
There was also a red. Not sure of the name. It was a Euro or Australian only color, I believe.
red75.jpg

- the difference were the graphics...these were for Europe...the ones in Skulls photo were for USA, Kanada, Australia, Japan

- 76 Europe were also avaiable in Y1 silver dust and R7 star black

INXS quote the difference were the graphics. unquote.
What model are you talking about with the difference in the graphics,:confused:

I had never heard of the 75B coming to Australia in the red color before. But then i had never heard of the red 76C before i met an ex dealership owner who told me the 76C red models only came out, ( as a special request), in Queensland not to Australia in general so it is not classed as Australian

INXS quote the difference were the graphics. unquote.
What model are you talking about with the difference in the graphics,

I had never heard of the 75B coming to Australia in the red color before.

- XS-B were only produced in spanish burgundy metallic E4 and star black R7...no red ones or at least no standard production runs of this colour for the B models

- XS-C were produced in brilliant red 0063 for all markets and silver dust Y1 or star black R7 for europe...europe also had different graphics-above- to the rest of the world which had those in Skulls photo

I stand corrected, then. That's a pic I saved from another forum. It was also in a thread about Star Black/'75 paint colors.

INXS, I take it you are basing your information on the The German Club ID charts. The charts have the Aussie 3W6 SG and the 5A9 SH as having an electronic ignition and the 5A9 as Frost Silver. This information is wrong as the 3W6, 5A9 have points, (no electronic ignitions came to Australia), and the 5A9 In Aus was the New Yamaha Black not Frost Silver. The discrepancies in ID charts vary and no 2 charts i have found are the same. There also seem to be differences as to some of the models XSB that looks like a TXA as coming to Aus and an XSC that has the markings of a B in Brilliant Red (63); Silver Dust (Y1); Star Black (R7) as coming to Aus as well. This is according to the pics against the date and year on their site so as per the German site scott is correct. Well sort of as the XSC with the XSB, tank emblems, (commonly associatred), was the Brilliant red

- i agree, no two charts are the same, its a worry and often confusing...i was basing my post on talking to a mate who has worked for yamaha for about 40 years, but even his memory has been known to waver, esp after sitting in the backyard all evening with a few :smoke: and :cheers:, although hes generally pretty reliable, a good source for those htf bits and an XS rider...we're grilling again, in the fucking snow once more, tomorrow night and i'll bring it up

There was also a red. Not sure of the name. It was a Euro or Australian only color, I believe.
red75.jpg

- this isnt an XS-B rather its a C, you can tell from the gauges and the exhaust...also it looks like twin disc following caliper, a sign of european models

650Skull said:
There also seem to be differences as to some of the models XSB that looks like a TXA as coming to Aus and an XSC that has the markings of a B in Brilliant Red (63); Silver Dust (Y1); Star Black (R7) as coming to Aus as well. This is according to the pics against the date and year on their site so as per the German site scott is correct. Well sort of as the XSC with the XSB, tank emblems, (commonly associatred), was the Brilliant red

- ive checked the german site and they have the wrong photos listed for the XSB
- i return to my original info
TXA...from #447-00101...vegas green K2, cinnamon brown N1...single disc, leading caliper​
XSB...non-europe from #447-100101... spanish burgundy metallic E4. star black R7...single disc, leading caliper​
XSB...europe-533 motor...from #447-500101...E4, R7...twin disc, following caliper​
XSC...non-europe...from #447-200101...brilliant red 63, french blue G3...single disc, following caliper​
XSC...europe...from #447-300101...63, R7, Y1 colours...XSB graphics, twin disc, following caliper​

I'm having huge flashbacks to arguing that CDN Triumph Daytona's had stainless, not chrome, fenders. :D "your bike isn't correct! the fenders aren't painted!" "it is correct, Canada got stainless steel fenders. Sucker." Then popcorn.

- well, not that it really matters skull, but over the years ive not only collected a heap of bikes n bits but also quite a library of official yamaha XS documentation, manuals, supplementary manuals, bulletins, publications, marketing etc many of which detail relevant models and serial numbers...theres also stuff there on special tools, race preparation etc...also with my work over the last few years i have had a lot of contact with the automotive industry, in particular with european honda and yamaha distributors and franchises, one of the positive aspects about being an XS-SR-XT fan is that they still hold cult status within the ranks of yamaha itself, being able to talk with them about their own product, with knowledge, opens lots of doors and memories, as does arriving on their doorsteps on one of these machines...the 2 real holes in my information collection are actual paint recipes and production numbers :shrug:

It does matter because there is so much wrong information out there that no 2 bits are the same and if you have proof that your info is correct then all you are doing is helping get things straight. No disrespect but proof of some kind helps to justify the content.

Back