Speedo Cable, angle adapter??

Hairyblackdude

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am wondering if you can purchase an angle adapter for a speedo cable... ???

I have my mini speedo mounted right on the center of the handlebars, its tilted to face me. Looks awesome, but the cable coming off the back is going to be all over my headlight.

You can only start to bend it after a few inches and I'd like to keep it a little less out of the open..

So, does anyone know of a speedo cable angle adapter?

Something I can screw to the back of the speedo to direct the cable a different direction??

I tried to google it, but came up empty handed.. I dont know if the internal cable size is standard or what?? Maybe theres a cable thats more flexible that the stocker..

Thanks for any info.
_marc

Never seen an adapter, but I doubt they exist. The actual cable inside the speedo cable is made a certain length and wouldn't work with an angled sleeve type thing without having a whole new cable made.

Contact motion pro. They can make you a cable and here under v-twin fittings they show an angle for a speedo cable.

Posted via Mobile

Thanks for the reply..

I understand its the inner cable that drives the speedo..

What I was picturing was an adapter piece w/ a female square hole for the stock speedo cable to screw into, then a male piece coming off the adapter that would screw into the actual gauge.. Thus, a right angle adapter that uses the stock cable.

It would look similar to this...
10097202.jpg

They make them for cars. I've never seen one for a bike though. And it would be an expensive unit. The ones for cars probably cost about $75. Time to rethink the speedo location? Buy another speedo and put that one up on ebay?

Back