Wanted - Weld on hardtail for a 81 xs650

you really can't beat the tcbros hardtail, prefabbed or the kit. i just picked one up, you'll be very happy with it!

Yup I think there about as cheap as you want to go, any cheaper and you will be risking some ass burn on the freeway. I have read lots of great things from TC bros great quality and a fair price.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with DC. I just purchased a hardtail, and paid to have it welded on at TC Bros, and it is total crap. The welds are incomplete and amateur, as well as being crooked. For all of the hype that I heard, I expected a professional job, but I honestly feel that I could have done the work. The frame is, honestly, at another fab shop being repaired and completed as of today.
I would recommend Elswick or Kansas hardtails, if you are still in the market.

I have dealt quite a bit with TC Bros and I have to say that their parts are quality parts, or all that I have received anyway. I did not have them weld my hardtail but I have their hardtail, also many other parts of theirs and they are top notch for the price that you are paying for them and their customer service is also top notch. You guys have to understand that they are providing you with parts that we can all afford. If you want the price of custom components then go buy them.

I have dealt quite a bit with TC Bros and I have to say that their parts are quality parts, or all that I have received anyway. I did not have them weld my hardtail but I have their hardtail, also many other parts of theirs and they are top notch for the price that you are paying for them and their customer service is also top notch. You guys have to understand that they are providing you with parts that we can all afford. If you want the price of custom components then go buy them.

Well, ya started it off right; you haven't had them weld one on, so you admittedly don't know what the f - you're talking about. The welds are juvenile, incomplete, and missing in several key spots. Read their ad, look at their photos, and then compare them to what I got back. I also bought forward controls, and bearings, which I love. The hardtail licks ass.
As for custom components for an xs650, genius, TC Bros - among others - is pretty much supposed to be the custom component source.
Glad that you had such a good experience....next time I'll have you order for me, ok?

Lol ok to Ottis and all you other TC lovers....They are junk!! YaYaYA they are only $2 hundred and something blahblah...blahhhh seriously save up another $100 and go buy the Elswick hardtail and have a nice bike. This is the second bike I had to fix for them because there welds wow and there tubing are never even straight! I love there chain tensoners or should I say what lack of lol I mean come on you are paying for $40 in tubing and they dont even tig weld ther shit up.... Bottom line they suck and are shittttt! if you want shit on your bike then go ahead save $100 your bike will show it in the end!!!! KEEP BUYIN IT ACTULLY THEY ARE KEEPING ME BUSY ;)

LoSlope, Im sure if you called them or sent the frame back they would make it right. Or atleast refund your money to help with the cost of having it fixed. They are very reasonable.

Last edited:
Ottis I dont recal saying you dont know shit about anything I think you miss read my post from loslope. Im not one to tell somone they dont know shit but I do know they are POS hardtails. Its like going to walmart to buy a pair of water tight boots verse Red Wings.. Sure they are cheaper but you get what you pay for. And as far as my lil shed in the back of our yard lol we are doing just fine and we did it with out havin to ride on the back bone of our familys million dollar company lmao. Seriously bro congrats on your tc shit whole hardtail if you like it hey but I dont see why some big shot like your self that has a million dollar company would not want a lagit hardtail from a lagit company that can weld.....

and if your some bad ass fab/welder why the hell didnt you just build your own?? you can build some medical parts and airplane shit but a simple ardtail you cant even build bahahahaha nice....

i dont fab these parts because i dont have the time. So instead i choose to purchase them and support the xs comunity.

What a thread this turned into...Ottis, I am as happy as can be with my hard tail now, other than I really (honestly) wish that I would have gone with Elswick, for the longer stretch, and the finish.
The welds are now complete and, for making sure his customer is happy, Rock-a-billy went above and beyond what I paid for and or expected. Additioinal welding, smoothing, grinding and finishing were all complete when I arrived. While I know that won't and cant' be the case everytime (a man has to work and charge for his living) RB wanted to keep this fella's enthusiasm high, and (despite his personal distaste for the product) a customer for TC Bros happy as well.
He even contacted TC Bros to let them know about the shoddy work. They did reply, but nearly a week later, and after his repairs were done.
Rock-a-billy Choppers is a small outfit, yes, however his professionalism is without question, and his committment to his customers has me willing to step and say that I'll go back again, and gladly refer my associates to him.
There aren't that many people who specialize in working on 650s (among other areas), and certainly not that many who are NOT trying to become a corporation, ie; Orange County, as you previously mentioned.
I appreciate your personal insight, and your loyalty to TC Bros, as they have clearly never sent you an unfinished product.
Good day, sir.

Head Hunter or Harmon C-- I just had Bill install my hardtail at kansas kustoms, and im having a hell of a time with the rear axle.. I cannot seem to get my rear axle on straight and center my wheel. Did you guys use some kind of special made bearings or what?? Maybe you can send me some pics, or point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help!

Back