just a couple questions. need some help from the pros

turbonig

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
im about to order my hardtail for the bike an had a couple questions. in this first picture there is a plate right where the hard tail goes. am i suppose to remove this or weld directly to it?
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&th=12a1195d2285d976&attid=0.1&disp=inline&zw
in this second picture i was wondering what hard tail kit would be best if i wanted to keep the original foot rests and controls. i was looking at the lowbrow hardtail. please let me know your opinions thanks alot
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...&th=12a1195d2285d976&attid=0.2&disp=inline&zw

I know i am not a pro, but i couldnt get the pictures to come up. Here is my 2 cents i went TC bros due to the fact that so many people are running them and they were one of the only "kits" i could find when i did mine.

Now i am going to be running mid controls and will be fabbing up my own set. This is the only area that i found frustrating (and that could be to me not want to spend any money)

The best thing i can say is find some bike pics you like and see what they used for a hardtail. Kit or custom is what it may come down to.

*on a side note* I hope this thread about hard tail kits doesnt open up a can or worms, you know how strong some people feel about them.

I don't think there is a kit out there that will allow you to use the stock foot controls. Your pics are not coming up. You cannot link to a secure site, ex. Https
Here's a good way to make mid controls on the cheap.

- or take a look at the fong bros builds

xs650_chopper_62.JPG

IMG_4202.jpg

Fong uses the stock controls, located really high, which is nice if you're five feet tall. I have a TC rear section with mids I made at the exhaust hanger location,(pretty standard), and it works well for me and I'm five ten. Frame choices are big. Do your research and find something that will work for you and your budget. And yes, if you are going to go hard tail, you are going to have to fabricate stuff. That's the best part. Make it your own.

sorry the picture didnt work heres what im talking about. should i remove this plate? yeah i have an idea of how im gonna build the frame. but im worried ive heard it from a few people that im gonna be to tall for the stock control. im 6 3", i guess there only one way to find out.

Attachments

• IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 116
Back