Paint photoshop?

VENMUS

Fabricator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have a few ideas for my bikes paint job, but need to see each before 'pulling the trigger' as they say. I am looking at one of 3 options for my bobber, and will only paint tank, frame, and rear fender.

Option 1 = checkered flag theme, black and white checkers on tank/fender, frame ideas?
Option 2 = british flag theme, British flag look as if its wrapped around the tank, and fender, light tan coloured frame
Option 3 = High gloss black (show quality) with 2 white racing stripes down the length of the tank and fender, (custom upholstery on seat to match)

Anyone with photoshop could probably help me visualize here, and I would be most gratuitous if you could help here.. I've posted a photo of a google-searched bike to work with:

Wally_XS650_2.jpg

THANK YOU!!

Option 1 will look like Ronald McDonald's bike. Seen it tried before.
Option 2 will look like a child's size Captain America bike, only British.
Option 3 has best chance I think.

Your comment makes me want to paint all 3 to my standards (read: high) to show you it's NOT the hairbrained idea that works, it's the *flawless execution* that works.

Thanks for taking the time to shoot down some unique and owner-desired paint schemes for _MY_ bike, but I guess I'll just have to paint it flat black like the majority of bobbers seen have.

just go blue on the tank and fender. a nice gray blue and then give the bike to a good striper for the weekend and let him go nuts ;)

Screen-shot-2010-04-23-at-1.11.12-AM.png

tell him to go all lowrider on it with airbrush and all :thumbsup:

lowrider_pinstripe_img-5.jpg

Magic!

Umm. I didn't mean to imply it was hopeless. And good execution is vital, but it's not everything. I like the striper idea. I guess I'd put longer forks on it without the dirt bike gators and some risers and some hippie handlebars. Then a higher seat that curves over the fender. But that's me not you.

*For the record the bike is not mine, I simply found it using google search for images, and with the simple backdrop it would be easier for photoshopper-whizzes to work with.* Okay, I may have gotten a tad hostile but I'm trying to crank out some unusual but nice ideas from my overimaginative mind. I really hate hearing people say 'you can't do something'. They really can as you well know: if they set their mind to it.

Moving on, alfredo, thank you for that rendition! I am very partial to blue, as you would notice with my CBR :thumbsup: But that colour is near anodized if my eyes don't deceive me!! Hard to achieve that with regular (cheap) paint... A metallic pearl paint (not flake, very different styles) would look killer and pop in the sunlight, but what would a guy stripe over that with that wont detract from it's aura?

xj never said you cant do either of those, he just said they would both look like dick. As far as execution making a paint job, that's like Luis Viton taking a shit, just because the creator is rad, doesnt mean the product is.

Here's a nicer summary. All three options you chose, would not look very good. Too busy, too ambitious, and too Dodge Viper. I know you didnt ask for opinions in this thread, so I'm gonna go ahead and photoshop these for you.

Quick chop #1. Not going to mess with the fender, as I have to leave shortly.

Attachments

• gay1.jpg
    gay1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 288
And here's the 2nd. I made both of these way less obnoxious than I innitially pictured them, and they dont look HALF bad.

Attachments

• gay2.jpg
    gay2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 259
put a front fender on it with the Brit flag paint, the Stars and Stripes on the harley tank then the japanese rising sun flag on the rear fender you'll have everyone confused :thumbsup:

Let me try to set it into perspective for you, this is not a bobber, nor is it an XS, but it does look DAMN good and that's what point I've been going for, and roughly the image I had in mind:

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

166517d1259142251-pashnit-photography-international-motorcycle-show-11-09-img_7659_triumph.jpg

Is this better?

I can see it maybe working laid out like that. It wouldn't flow around the Sporty tank as smoothly though.

What about a Gadsden flag theme? Snakes on the fenders and so on.

I like the gadsen flag idea but not for this bike, plus it's not something I'm particularly interested in, so I would never be happy with it.

I did think about total olive-drab and black with white stars stenciled on.

venmus. i dont think the checkerd flag paint scheme would work in my eyes, i do like the brit flag concept. Im quite partial though to the racing stripes, id do the two white stripes and maybe stripes on the rear fender as well. I dont know alot about anodized paint but that looks sick.....if the funds are available i might pursue something along those lines...can we see more concepts??? alfredo seems to be pretty good with the photoshop

Anodized metal isn't paint, it's a treatment to the metal itself. It's typically only found on aluminum but it does look amazing! It would look similar to a translucent solid colour with a shiny polished look.

How about copper? Like this:

chopper_and_wire.jpg

I'm bound to paint my sporty tank soon, will be giving this Union Jack theme my best try. Last call for some Photoshop whiz-kids to give me a visual?!

Posted via Mobile

If anyone does photoshopping, this is a pic of XSive with the sporty tank on her, so if you use this image, it's my actual bike in mock-up.

IMG_0458.jpg

Thanks!

put a front fender on it with the Brit flag paint, the Stars and Stripes on the harley tank then the japanese rising sun flag on the rear fender you'll have everyone confused :thumbsup:

That may be, but it would be a hit over at TCU for sure.

tcu2.jpg

You can buy spray bombs that do a decent job of replicating anodized. The trick is to prep the shit out of your surface first. (Obviously)

Alsa Corp makes a product called Killer Chrome that you can do in any base color they sell. I'd like to see a Union Jack done up like that.

I think I'll spray bomb it for the cheap thrill, if it turns out great and I really want to make it real, I'll strip it off and have it painted for real. Heck I could sport the duct tape paint job (like what's on my stock tank) for a while too just to get the feel!

I don't know how shiny I want it, chrome tank with the Union Jack might be sweet tho... :shrug:

Back