PMA Swap - Warped Flywheel

PHeller

Erie, PA
Reaction score
Anyone encounter a warped Banshee flywheel? I don't really know what to look for, no-way of balancing one, and it seems the Banshee flywheel lightening folks have all closed up shop, or at least the cheap ones.

Anyone have a warped flywheel?

Posted via Mobile

Usually they get warped from being removed with the wrong style puller... Get some photos of the inside flange, it will tell the story...

People sometimes use a universal gear puller with claws to the outside of the rotor to pull. These claws warp the rotor. The proper puller pulls from the center.

My question is, searching through the Banshee forums, pulling these flywheels the wrong way is fairly common. There has to be XS650 guys out there running messed up flywheels or who at least have encountered them.

Posted via Mobile

I bought one a while back from an RZ forum that was pulled that way. There's a lip that's deformed, but it's hard to tell if its ruined. I put it in the lathe, but there's really no good accurate way to hold it easily. I'll need to mount it on a motor one day to check it. I have a bunch, so it doesn't really matter. :)

John

Back