need wiring help like yesterday lol

MButler37

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok im trying to wire my 79 xs up as i write. i have swapped to a om batteryless system. but was looking at the simplified diagram and my alternator only has 3 wires. yellow black and red. ...the diagram shows 4 wires. what now?

i have a banshee fly wheel and stator with 3 wires. (red yellow and black). 5 pole rec/reg with 3 yellow 1 red 1 black, pamco ingition and high output coil. having trouble wiring this up since my rec/reg has 5 wires and my stator only has 3.... do i just wire the three to the one yellow on the stator?

what did the stator come off of? Is it from a banshee as well? You need a 3 phase stator for the PM setup. the banshee stator is single phase. The three wires from the stator should go to the 3 yellow on the regulator. the red from the reg goes to the (+) on battery and black to a ground.

You should really be more specific in your title and you don't need two threads on the same subject. Like previously mentioned you need a three phase stator and a reg/rect to with it. What diagram are you using?

Posted via Mobile

+1 BigJimmy!!

This is the diagram that I used. I think I have seen before that you wanted to keep your e-start as well. This has everything you need, IF you have everything YOU need...

Back