XS650.com
Forum Search: Advanced

Go Back   XS650 Forum > Marketplace > Shops
Register Forum FAQ XS650 Tech Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Welcome to XS650.com!
XS650.com is dedicated to the Yamaha XS650 twin motorcycles and to the people who love to ride, restore, and customize them. As a guest you can view the forum and photo galleries full of xs650 choppers, bobbers, trackers, cafe racers, and restorations, but you have to register before you can post or view attachments. It’s free and only takes a minute. Proceed to registration. (This notice will go away once you log in)

Shops A place for shops and other companies supporting the XS650 community to promote their products and services.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:42 AM   #1
mercury_morse
XS650 New Member

Default 650 Central

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd check in and see how Travis is doing. Apparently, just fine!
I am here to support the 650 Community. Although the pressures of running a one-man shop will prevent me spending a lot of time here, I expect to be able to check in. I'm keyboard-challenged, but always interested in talking 650s!
mercury_morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Travis
Staff Member

Default Re: 650 Central

Haha... Thanks for checking up on me!

If you guys don't know who Michael "Mercury" Morse is, you need to do some reading on http://www.650central.com/

He's helped me out a few times over the past few years with parts and technical advice and provides outstanding service!

- Travis
Travis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
shreveport1
XS650 Addict

WOW!! I followed the link Travis posted and WOW!! I copied this from 650 central...... " Who is Michael "Mercury" Morse?

Dedicated to the maximum enjoyment of the landmark Japanese twin, the Yamaha XS650.

To share the benefit of my knowledge gained over a 18 year period at the largest Yamaha shop west of the Mississippi, as a factory race mechanic for Rickman, Triumph & Norton, and having raced these bikes over a period extending back to the early ’70s.

To offer old-time customer service with honesty and integrity.

Good communication is the best insurance you will get only the parts you need to do the job.

My No-Nonsense approach gives you perspective as to the complete picture of a proposed course of action, so that you can make valid choices for your particular way of enjoying the 650.

Stock, restored, chopped, bobbed, racer, cafe’d or Tracker, XS650s spoken here! "
shreveport1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
Mellowyellow
XS650 Addict

Michael "Mercury" Morse?

Didnt know that. But I do know he is a great guy. Ive talked to mike a few times and he doesnt try to sell you the most expensive product but the product that will work best for your application. Its guys like him that keep these old bikes movin.

Thanks
Mellowyellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #5
crash
XS650 Junkie

to bad hes on the left coast ,we need people like him on the east coast
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
XS650RR
XS650 Addict

Bought lots of product from Mike ..... Great guy !!

Cheers, Ian
Old 11-01-2009, 05:08 PM   #7
Gordon
XS650 Junkie

Merc is THE man as far as these machine's go. He is alway's ready to give you info over the phone, & he know's what he's talking about. I was in dier need of a rotor for my '80. He didn't have one because nobody was sending back the core's. He did give me some info on where to find one, & it came to be.His part's are top notch, and his personallity make's it all worth the trip. Yea, we could use someone like him on the eastcoast, but it's hard to compete with the sunshine he's got all year.

'80 G MODEL

Shoot first, one shot= one kill, end of story
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #8
Trex
XS650 Addict

Mike helped me out over the phone on a whacked out XS cafe I was having problems with. Great guy...solved my prob in 5 min. Thanks man!

Life is what you make of it...I customize everything!Torchwerx Customs-Anchorage Alaska
Trex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
jmcgowan
XS650 Enthusiast

I agree, I ordered some parts and they were shipped fast, the prices were good, and everything was right.

If you're not riding defensively, you're probably riding offensively
jmcgowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
Allegro40
XS650 Addict

Good to see you on here Micheal
Allegro40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #11
MikeGyver
'80 XS650

209 area code? That is near me. What city are you in? Any chance of getting the shopping cart up and running on your website soon? I would love to be ordering parts from you, but I have whacked hours most of the time and forget to call during business hours.
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
Travis
Staff Member

I don't think he'll ever get the shopping cart working... Not saying that in a bad way, it's just that he's more of a people person and wants to make sure you only buy what you need. Just make it a point someday to give him a call and you won't be disappointed!

- Travis
Old 03-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
MikeGyver
'80 XS650

Noted, will do!
MikeGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:06 AM   #14
Cartervs
XS650 New Member

Having ordered parts from 650 Central, I waited patiently. Apparently they were lost in shipping. In discussion with Michael, he threw temper tantrum, cursed me and then hung up. Several weeks later my products arrived. Thanks Michael, and boards... Cartervs
Cartervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #15
Teebs
King of the Ass-Hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartervs View Post
Having ordered parts from 650 Central, I waited patiently. Apparently they were lost in shipping. In discussion with Michael, he threw temper tantrum, cursed me and then hung up. Several weeks later my products arrived. Thanks Michael, and boards... Cartervs
A respected XSer and seller versus anonymous first time poster? Totally credible first post.

(That's called sarcasm, btw.)

You get me slapped with a fine. You pick fights with the customers and I have to patch everything up. You get us chased out of a funeral home by violating a corpse. To top it all off, you ruined my relationship with Veronica! What's your encore? Do you like, anally rape my mother while pouring sugar in my gas tank???
Teebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #16
Travis
Staff Member

Even without knowing the details.. I don't buy it either. Not exactly like that anyway.. Not trying to be a jerk Cartervs... just sayin'

- Travis
Old 10-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #17
Punkskalar
Hugh's HandBuilt

I make sure all my customers buy goods from you if not going through me

You are a major help BTW when it comes to getting carbs set up and working just right for those not wanting to spend the time tuning and messing with it.... THANKS!

Tech - Creative Fabrication - http://hughshandbuilt.blogspot.com/
Website - http://hughshandbuilt.com/

*There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from us - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is
Punkskalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #18
xscessivecompulsive
Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live

Ive only ordered from 650 Central one time and it damn sure wont be my last! Up until that point Ive always ordered through Mikes, but call me old fashioned but I really appreciate being able to talk to someone over the phone! That really means alot to me and someone I will always give my business to time and time again! Thanks Merc, solid guy and a pleasure to do business with!! Salute!!

XsC
xscessivecompulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #19
Cartervs
XS650 New Member

Ordering my parts from this source took four (4) months, verbal abuse, he had my money, all I had was hassle, heart ache and being accused of being any number of things...Just telling you all what my experience with this source was. I am a 63 year old gentleman, I don't drink, smoke or chew, try to to the next right thing be of service to others guy. Make what you will of of my report..... Carter
Cartervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #20
Allegro40
XS650 Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartervs View Post
Ordering my parts from this source took four (4) months, verbal abuse, he had my money, all I had was hassle, heart ache and being accused of being any number of things...Just telling you all what my experience with this source was. I am a 63 year old gentleman, I don't drink, smoke or chew, try to to the next right thing be of service to others guy. Make what you will of of my report..... Carter
Having dealt with 650 Central for along time, I can safely say we all have our days, And we all are far from perfect, and of course Sh_t happens. I get a lot a flac from suppliers but they all try to keep me as a customer.So for those of you reading this remember he is just one guy with two businesses, and a lot of customers.
Allegro40 is offline   Reply With Quote