my normaha build start

billyfly1

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
really like the featherbed frames so that's the basic start of this long road.. got lucky to have a guy loan me an atlas thinline frame for a week to let me measure and make form jigs and yesterday after a day of scrap i got one side bent up!....so here's the start of a long road...
frame5.jpg
frame4.jpg
frame3.jpg
frame2.jpg
frame1.jpg
...any suggestions along the way chime in!

well the metal was flyin today! got the other side of the thinline done and figured i would bend up some 4130 for a wideline..can't do that rear kink in the 4130 so wideline it is for that material..here are the pics
frame93.jpg
frame92.jpg
frame91.jpg
frame9.jpg
frame8.jpg

well its bin a hell of a long couple weeks on this frame from making check jigs to all kinds of measuring to cad ...but! i end today with 3 good frames! oh yea and this!
frame94.jpg

lots of scrap for the straight pieces !
my welding is for jigs only so takin it to my friend to weld up for good...maybe this week

haha...I do have to pay for that pile of scrap and my bender is still set up! lol I was thinkin as i bent the one today (with no scrap) that now that i got these bends down I should make a 4 tube starter kit!:laugh::laugh:

haha...I do have to pay for that pile of scrap and my bender is still set up! lol I was thinkin as i bent the one today (with no scrap) that now that i got these bends down I should make a 4 tube starter kit!:laugh::laugh:

That actually would be a really great idea. :thumbsup:

I'm watching this one. Cafe Delux possibilities.

Back