Oh no. This can't be good. Stange debris in oil filter

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I found what appears to be some plastic pieces in the secondary oil filter. I don't think it's a hard gasket material. I'm not sure. Of course the sump filter had the hole blow out in it. I guess it's a good thing this has the secondary filter.

Do you guy's think any of this junk could have made it past the secondary filter. How far does the oil have to travel from the sump filter to the secondary. I hope not far and all this got caught.

Should I be worried. There is nothing in the pan, or sump filter.

Attachments

• suzuki 002.jpg
    suzuki 002.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 76
  • suzuki 007.jpg
    suzuki 007.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Front camchain guide going to peices. You wanted to do a top end or some major engine work this winter anyway, right? No it doesn't travel far after the pump. A few inches.

Front camchain guide going to peices. You wanted to do a top end or some major engine work this winter anyway, right? No it doesn't travel far after the pump. A few inches.

So is it safe to run. :confused:

I wouldn't take a 1000mile mile trip but for a few shorter 100miler rides sure. Camchain adjusted?

Yes it's safe to ride. If that's the cam chain guide (and I don't know what else it could be), it will eventually make a lot of cam chain noise if it doesn't already. I'd replace both guides and the chain, down the line when I felt like taking the motor apart. If it made a bunch of noise I'd do it now.

I don't know if the cam chain is adjusted or not. I just bought this motor last night. I guess if it makes a lot of noise when I fire it up I got a good idea where it's coming from. :eek:

I think maybe I should adjust it while I'm waiting on the oil filter to get here. :thumbsup:

Back