Lectron Carbs

APE says they're track carbs only. All or nothing, built for full throttle drag racing and the like.

http://gszone.biz/carbs.html

Thats old talk... I've sold several sets to daily riders. Like any carb, with the proper tune they are a great setup. The are NOT on/off like a ton of the ol' folks say.... Call Lectron themselves if you need to, they are great folks who are more than supportive of the products they sell. I can get 15% off of retail for XS650.com Members :D

I've got about 30K on my set, and still love them. Simple tuning, not jets to mess with, and great performance... 1 set of metering rods is the equivalent of 15 Main Jets :thumbsup:

There is no comparing a Lectron Flatslide to any of the XS650 Alternatives for tuning/power/maintenance. :bike:

For possible future information any pics and or a baseline set up of the carbs?

For possible future information any pics and or a baseline set up of the carbs?

34MM Lectron Carbs.

Baseline for the XS650 -

1. Order the carbs with a 0-2 Metering Rod and Adjustable PowerJet. They will come set at a good starting point from the factory.

2. Use long runner intake manifolds (Shell style)

3. Bolt them up and 90% of the time the bike will fire up without any other tweaks.

4. Fine tune the low end of the RPM range (idle - 4,000 RPM) by lowering the metering rod (leaning it out) or raising the Metering rod (richer) in 1/4 turn increments.

5. Once you have a base tune, you can see how the engine pulls all the way to redline. Some of these engines won't even need the PowerJets, but if you feel you need more fuel open the Adjustable PowerJet just a tad. The more you open the PJ, the more fuel you will get in the top end.

6. You are pretty much done!

PS. You can run foam filters, K&N Style Filters, or none at all... The Lectrons intake bell is a velocity stack already. With filters, you will likely need to lean the engine out a bit more of course...

If the 0-2 Metering rod does not get you in a desirable range of tune, call up Lectron and get 1 step different on the rod. 1 Rod = 15 Main Jets, so you should be good to go.

Thanks PS! I've been trying to cheap out and find a used set, close but no cigars so far...

Be careful buying used! If they are older than about 7 years or so, the bowls will not tolerate modern fuels. AND, make sure the price is right. New metering rods will set you back almost $70.00 or so...

Thats old talk... I've sold several sets to daily riders. Like any carb, with the proper tune they are a great setup. The are NOT on/off like a ton of the ol' folks say.... Call Lectron themselves if you need to, they are great folks who are more than supportive of the products they sell. I can get 15% off of retail for XS650.com Members :D

I've got about 30K on my set, and still love them. Simple tuning, not jets to mess with, and great performance... 1 set of metering rods is the equivalent of 15 Main Jets :thumbsup:

There is no comparing a Lectron Flatslide to any of the XS650 Alternatives for tuning/power/maintenance. :bike:
Is that 15% off offer still valid Hugh?

It is not, unfortunately. I have not been able to keep them on the shelves (which is BAD, I need some for myself!!!) haha

Any idea if these would work

Attachments

• 3Ee3L93M55I85K25Hcd346495a1e5c5501770.jpg
    3Ee3L93M55I85K25Hcd346495a1e5c5501770.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 277
I had one on an RM370 in the late '70's and it worked great. It had a blue body with an adjustable needle if I remember correctly.

They look like alc carbs? I would email Kevin at Lectron and see what he thinks they are worth, he's a pretty genuine guy.
I wouldn't pay any more than $100 each for them

Back