Girl With the Dragon Tattoo Bike

grepper

fiddle futzer
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the new movie!
There was an interview last week with Rooney Mara who plays Lisbeth Salander (http://www.npr.org/2011/12/14/143727517/rooney-mara-discusses-dragon-tattoo). And, today an interview with Tent Reznor who did the sound track (http://www.npr.org/2011/12/19/143834396/trent-reznor-the-fresh-air-interview)

No, I didn't read the books, but my wife did. We watched the Swedish versions of the movies, they were great! All the while, thinking the American versions might be crap, but its looking good.

So, on the bikes.. In the first movie (Swedish version) she road some dual sport bike, possibly a KTM or Suzuki DRZ400SM. In the third she stole a Harley from a biker she bit the shit out of.

So for the American version, she's riding a CB350 Cafe Racer.
Rooney on set, learning to ride it.
rooney_mara.jpg

AWESOME!

In the book, she definitely rides a little Japanese cafe bike IIRC, so that makes perfect sense. Cool that she's actually going to ride it and not just green screen/stunt double.

I had a 1970 CL350 honda with those shorty Emgo mufflers just like that, damn thing wouldn't rev like it should have been capable of until I put 6" extentions (muffler tubing) out the back of them, then it would rap to redline in first 4 gears, to chicken to take it clear up in 5th but it was rolling about 95 by then anyway, plently fast enough for that small a machine

I just read the books about a month ago. Read all three in two weeks. I couldn't put them down they were so good.
I wanted to watch the Swedish movies but was afraid they wouldn't be as good as the books were. I can't imagine the U.S. version will be much like the book as they rarely are. I'm sure it will be good, but they always change too much for your viewing pleasure. And I can't imagine them being as graphic as the books.

I think she rode a Kawasaki 100 in the book.

I heard the Swedish version is sick.

The new one w Rooney Mara is fucking awesome. She is such a BADASS.

There's a scene where she chases the antagonist at the end on that bike on winter roads, impressive riding, obviously a stuntman, but impressive nonetheless.

I saw the Swedish version and I’m really hoping that the American version isn’t quite as graphic. Unfortunately she rides week dual sport in the Swiss version so that’s already one up for the American version. Though when I’ve seen the American commercials my wife keeps asking me “is that the one we already saw???” I think the movies are extremely close to the same.

Lisbeth Salander is definitely the most bad ass fiction hero of recent memory. Ruthless, unforgiving and tough. I have read the first two (don't ruin the third one please!) and the part in 'Hornet's Nest' when she screws up the two bikers then steals one of their Harleys is one of the roughest things I think I have ever read.

The bike is described in some detail in the first book as a Kawaski 100 dual purpose. From the description in the book, it sounds like a G5.

kawasaki_g5.jpg

My wife read all 3 books. We want to see the movie and I loved it. She is a total bad ass and I thought she was hot has hell. I highly recommended watching this movie some parts were disturbing but all in all a great movie.

Lisbeth Salander is definitely the most bad ass fiction hero of recent memory. Ruthless, unforgiving and tough. I have read the first two (don't ruin the third one please!) and the part in 'Hornet's Nest' when she screws up the two bikers then steals one of their Harleys is one of the roughest things I think I have ever read.

The bike is described in some detail in the first book as a Kawaski 100 dual purpose. From the description in the book, it sounds like a G5.

kawasaki_g5.jpg

I've got one of these stuffed in one of the sheds outback. Was hoping to build it up for my oldest boy to learn on, but he's just about big enough to learn on my XS now.

Anyway, saw the American version of the movie this weekend. It was entertaining, but not nearly as true to the book as the original, Swedish production was. Of the two, I think I enjoyed the original the best.

I saw the Swedish version and I’m really hoping that the American version isn’t quite as graphic. Unfortunately she rides week dual sport in the Swiss version so that’s already one up for the American version. Though when I’ve seen the American commercials my wife keeps asking me “is that the one we already saw???” I think the movies are extremely close to the same.
The Swedish film is far better than the American one, although the US version is pretty good

I’ve been eyeballing a 72 350 on CL for a few weeks now. Debating whether I should actually entertain making an offer. Looks like a fun little bike. But I’m a big guy, might be a bit like a circuis bear on a moped.

Back