small battery

yamchop

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
would a 12v .8Ah agm battery really work on my 72? headlight taillight and kick only? seen on here a guy was useing 1 and worked great for him. just looking for some tech on it. will it be ok for the charging system?:shrug:

ide like to know too. the feed store near me has a 12v 7Ah agm for 20 buks. I think as long as you dont have a estart. I might try it , and turn my headlight off untill it starts.

wouldn't that be equivalent to 10xAAA batteries?!?

If it would work to run one.... Shoot I would probably definitely do that and chunk this capacitor. As I could probably do a custom nimh battery set up hidden damn near anywhere (headlight)...

I am running one of those batteries, It works great for kick only bikes. You can find them on ebay. I have have been using it since Daytona bike week and still no problems, they only cost about 7-10 bucks and you can hide them very easily. Ive got a Rec/Reg combo plus my battery and a connection block all hiddin in my gas can.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 0202001759a.jpg
    0202001759a.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,302
Saw this on another forum and an acquaintance bought one. Replaced a standard sport bike battery with no issues, very small, and only 1.6lbs. Not cheap, but could be a good option for some.

4.6Ah
240A Max 10 Secs discharge (same as CCA)
120A Max continuous discharge (after initial ten secs)
Size: ~ 4.5"x3"x2.25"
Weight: 1.6lbs

http://forums.13x.com/showpost.php?p=2905025&postcount=1

Ebay: 12volt 0.8 Amp hour 12v 0.8ah Sealed Lead SLA Battery $7.50 + $7.25shipping. Ive been really happy with the turnout specially when the other one I bought for my stock xs was $45.00.:mad:

Attachments

• 4caa_35.jpg
    4caa_35.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 991
Ebay: 12volt 0.8 Amp hour 12v 0.8ah Sealed Lead SLA Battery $7.50 + $7.25shipping. Ive been really happy with the turnout specially when the other one I bought for my stock xs was $45.00.:mad:

so wait . . . . let me get this right. This battery will run an xs headlight and taillight as long as all you do is kickstart it? WOW!

Angus67, he's talking about that damned evil beast of yours. EVIL:yikes:
It's not the teeth, It's the eyes man. Where ever I move they follow me!

jimmy, those bats are so small. i asked pete about it and he said the minimum he would run is 7ah. not so say those little guys wouldnt work. but imagine your charging system wasnt working right, you would find out instantly.

.7ah or 7ah? B/c at 7ah you're talking about a full size battery again.... I run without a battery at all right now... so I think I could get by :-D and would know instantly anyway.

7ah battery

Dwyatt, what size battery are you running?

Last edited:
I am starting to get the feeling this is not going to work out so well. My hopes are still high though. I would love to not have to stuff that battery somewhere.
too-good-to-be-true.jpg

Back