Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
We now have 5 nominations for the March XSOTM Restoration Survivor contest.

The poll will close on March 31st, the winner will have their bike photo posted to the XS650 home page and be permanently added to the XSOTM picture album, not to mention the incredible bragging rights that go with such a feat.

Contestants; please feel free to post details, how you came to build an XS650 project, and MORE pictures, links to your build thread etc.. Let me know if you would like me to use a different picture for the voting.
Viewers and voters may also make comments and ask questions, Please keep all comments positive!

In order of acceptance here are the contestants.

5twins

full

littlebill31

full

yamasarus

full

grepper

full

Tack427

full

I would also like to mention Downeaster, TeeCat, Kingwj, and resto for their interest and fine machines.

Now you have to pick your favorite! please feel free to post and discuss your reasons for your choice.

My bike is almost completely original. Everything other than the bars and pods (obviously tires, oil, maintenance items have been updated) is 1982. Even the paint is original. The lower side covers are missing and I have the original tank, which has been put aside so it doesn't get damaged.
It is my daily rider.

should have done 70-79, and 80+ separately. The disco-era machines don't stand a chance against the standards. All nice bikes, but 2 totally different styles.

I agree with jamesgs4. I'm thinking the breakdown would be; 70-73 (early years), 74-79 Standards, and Specials.
I can't compete with yamasarus's candy green 70 xs1, that's where my vote went :D

I'm thinking a specials only contest one O these months???
Maybe a BRG paint only month?:wink2:

I had to vote for Yamasarus's Bike. They are all fine machines but his is just a step above the rest.
I wish mine could look as well as any of these.
Leo

This weekend, I just took two steps away from Stock and one step toward Stock on my 78.

Toward Stock: Put the stock bars back on, had Euro bars on from MikesXS, but after two season, I think the stock bars were more comfortable.

Away From Stock: I was tiered of messing with the points, so I put in a Pamco. Also, my wife want to ride it this summer, so I took off the 12.75 shocks and put on a set of 11.5's. I plan on cleaning up he cb650 and selling it soon.

Thanks so much for all of the support. It's a great feeling to know that so many people like the XS1! And all of the kind words, but I wouldn't hesitate to ride any of the entries with pride. They are all beautiful bikes.
Thanks again!

Now it's time to take it for a ride!

Good show Yamasarus. And great to see the other most worthy contenders! I guess one of these months we will do something with a model year restriction............. Then again same contest, another time might yield widely different results. April contest to be launched very soon, stay tuned.

Back