XS650.com
Forum Search: Advanced

Go Back   XS650 Forum > General Discussion > The Garage
Register Forum FAQ XS650 Tech Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Donate

Welcome to XS650.com!
XS650.com is dedicated to the Yamaha XS650 twin motorcycles and to the people who love to ride, restore, and customize them. As a guest you can view the forum and photo galleries full of xs650 choppers, bobbers, trackers, cafe racers, and restorations, but you have to register before you can post or view attachments. Itís free and only takes a minute. Proceed to registration. (This notice will go away once you log in)

The Garage Motorcycle Related Discussion (Yamaha XS650, other makes and models, and anything else motorcycle related including tools and gear)

Old 03-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
slade
XS650 Enthusiast

Default finally an industial, steam punk front fender for bobbers,choppers and trackers

After a few different ideas I finally came up with a fender that looks different. Even though there are heaps of lightning holes there is very little spray and it keeps the cops away.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0174.jpg   IMG_0176.jpg   IMG_0177.jpg  

80 special-home made hard tail, sprung seat, 1/4" aluminum fenders, custom head and tail light-Pamco ignition, Sparx charging system, Radian front end, Aprilia hydraulic clutch mod, heavy duty clutch etc etc etc.
slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #2
Unfocused
I Love Boobies

Default Re: finally an industial, steam punk front fender for bobbers,choppers and trackers

Cool looking. What headlight is that?
Unfocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
ann0yed
XS650 Addict

Default Re: finally an industial, steam punk front fender for bobbers,choppers and trackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 XS650 View Post
ann0yed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
Growl
in the light

I like the fender... original and great looking

Growl

1981 SH, 17/38 sprockets, TX750 swingarm, Harley FXR 4.2 gal. tank, reinforced frame, heavy duty skid plate, simplified wiring, kick start only, double bucket seat, 14.25" shocks, spin on oil filter, spark arrestors, volt meter
Growl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:21 AM   #5
1987notchback
XS650 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slade View Post
After a few different ideas I finally came up with a fender that looks different. Even though there are heaps of lightning holes there is very little spray and it keeps the cops away.

hey that rhymes! jk. that is a nice fender and really like the way you routed the brake cables real clean. here is a fender i came across i was considering from 7 metal west not sure if you guys have seen this already.
Attached Thumbnails
4_cafe_side_shot_small.jpg  
1987notchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
slade
XS650 Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 XS650 View Post
The headlight is just an inexpensive 4 1/2" from ebay that I painted satin black

80 special-home made hard tail, sprung seat, 1/4" aluminum fenders, custom head and tail light-Pamco ignition, Sparx charging system, Radian front end, Aprilia hydraulic clutch mod, heavy duty clutch etc etc etc.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
slade
XS650 Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987notchback View Post
hey that rhymes! jk. that is a nice fender and really like the way you routed the brake cables real clean. here is a fender i came across i was considering from 7 metal west not sure if you guys have seen this already.
Thanks guys for the compliments. I used 1/4" aluminum and used a cheap Harbor tubing bender for the radius--cool thing is one can make any radius by changing the shoes of the bender. Mounting any fender is always the trick, the front end is from a 1986 Radian which has a very handy brace to attach to.

Last edited by slade; 03-14-2012 at 10:37 PM. Reason: misspelling