Sweet bike man! Vintage customs did an amazing job on it

new to the site... i have had an Evo hardtail chopper for about 6 years, i recently bought this XS650. Great site, tons of info. the Jockey Journal taught me everything about my Harley, looking to gain some knowledge on this new bike. so different!

1011805_10151644854084214_583762033_n.jpg

Here's my new toy! It will be a slow build cause I want it perfect ! First to rebuilt bore/stroke engine , then powder coat or plate the frame then wiring etc etc etc ! Fun! The engine in it in the photo is empty lol! It comes with another one as spares too! I am so excite ! Hi5!! Hehe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 225
new to the site... i have had an Evo hardtail chopper for about 6 years, i recently bought this XS650. Great site, tons of info. the Jockey Journal taught me everything about my Harley, looking to gain some knowledge on this new bike. so different!

1011805_10151644854084214_583762033_n.jpg

Real clean minimal bike!:thumbsup:

This is mine ! Hope this don't hijack a thread like the last time I tried ?? Anyhoo. It needs a lot of work but I waited 25 years to find the right one. I sold one very similar at 21 and regretted it since . Till now .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 226
This is mine ! Hope this don't hijack a thread like the last time I tried ?? Anyhoo. It needs a lot of work but I waited 25 years to find the right one. I sold one very similar at 21 and regretted it since . Till now .

I do like the bike! Nice stance, how mug is it raked?

Thanks heaps man!
I'm not sure . Ill ask the dude I bought it from and get back to you . I think I recall him saying 35%? Does that sound right. I like how he cut a sprocket in half for a light support (front) and a 1/4 of it as a bracket for the rear slave cylinder which is just visible in the photo .

I love your seat ! I have one similar for mine . It's a dual for mine . I reckon being a rigid like mine a pillion passenger would take a flight if you hit a big enough pothole . Has yours knocked all the wind out of you yet?

New Rubber (front and back) and wrapped the exhaust up a bit this past weekend....I like the K7 on the front...it had the original F7 on it and it looked pretty good, but this one has that vintage 70's era quality look about it.
full

full

full

New Rubber (front and back) and wrapped the exhaust up a bit this past weekend....I like the K7 on the front...it had the original F7 on it and it looked pretty good, but this one has that vintage 70's era quality look about it.
full

Nice XS2 Don't Brat it, I like seeing the Old Ones Left Original .
Just a tip those pipes wrapped will go real off colour
If the pipes are good get an old set and wrap them.

full

Is that flyscreen affixed with stock hardware or did you manufacture it? It appears to be a nice clean installation.

Is that flyscreen affixed with stock hardware or did you manufacture it? It appears to be a nice clean installation.

I ordered it from Bikebandit, although I had to put in that it was for a 1990 Honda Hawk GT 650 NT650, to be able to order it, but it fit great!....little to no mod necessary....I'm pretty sure I just reversed the chrome bars that attach to the forks, which hold the screen....but that was all that was necessary. TeeCats (here on the forum) sweet ride had one and I liked the look.

full

Nice XS2 Don't Brat it, I like seeing the Old Ones Left Original .
Just a tip those pipes wrapped will go real off colour
If the pipes are good get an old set and wrap them.

Thanks for the suggestion, my mufflers are holey (good ole JB weld) and will need replaced sometime, and the pipes are not in that good of shape....so....as money comes in I am more than likely replacing the entire system. :thumbsup: This is more than likely, all that will be done to my bike. I too, enjoy the mostly original look

Back