Here are the other 2 rides. I bought the Camaro 3 months before my 16th birthday and spent pretty well most of 20 years getting it to where it is today. It's a family fun vehicle now instead of the worn out daily driver it once was.

The GL1000 was a non running barn find that I picked up to make a few bucks on parts. When I tested the engine and found that the bike was actually in pretty good mechanical shape, I went a totally different route with it. I have the hard bags and fairing but I doubt they will ever be mounted again (at least while it's in my possession). The bike ended up being a true joy to ride.

Now I'm really jealous! Sweet Camaro! :thumbsup:

What........no 77 redhead pictures?
Rule in the forum is no picture..it never happened! :laugh:

Here are the other 2 rides. I bought the Camaro 3 months before my 16th birthday and spent pretty well most of 20 years getting it to where it is today. It's a family fun vehicle now instead of the worn out daily driver it once was.

The GL1000 was a non running barn find that I picked up to make a few bucks on parts. When I tested the engine and found that the bike was actually in pretty good mechanical shape, I went a totally different route with it. I have the hard bags and fairing but I doubt they will ever be mounted again (at least while it's in my possession). The bike ended up being a true joy to ride.

awesome rides! i'm always impressed with some of these goldwing makeovers.

Resteration in progress too. Just put new turning light on (left side) wet sanding my muffler and now putting in push rod seal.

Attachments

• IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 245
I know ive posted this in here before but I think ive finally got her finished (ive only said that 10 times now). So I went for a ride and decided to take some pictures.
NCM_0106.jpg

NCM_0104.jpg

NCM_0108.jpg

Need to redo the paint job on the tank, the last clear coat layer ran like hell. Gonna have xs650 decals made up on the side covers with white lettering. I should be buying a vintage sportier seat later today that's been sitting in some guys shop.

Anyway here's my '77.

Attachments

• '77 xs.jpg
    '77 xs.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 210
  • '77 xs (2).jpg
    '77 xs (2).jpg
    301 KB · Views: 197
Another XS back from the dead. I bought this 79' almost 4 months ago, it hasn"t ran since 09' and it's now finally road worthy!

Before and after pics ...

I restored a stock tank (was dented bad, so I gave hammering the knee dents a shot myself. Now I just need to paint it!) new parts ... PMA, PAMCO, brakes, cables, wire harness, controls, braided front brake lines, bar end mirrors, drag bars, Hugh's front fork brace, clutch rebuild, carbs cleaned and rejetted for pods and open exhuast, a ton of sanding and repainting, Dime City Cycles cafe seat, Old School Speed mid controls, and a few other odds and ends. I'll be doing a top end rebuild this winter to finish it off.

I am loving this bike! :bike:

BTW, thanks to all of you guys and this forum for all of the knowledge and advice!

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Bike Build pics 008.JPG
    Bike Build pics 008.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 258
Another XS back from the dead. I bought this 79' almost 4 months ago, it hasn"t ran since 09' and it's now finally road worthy!

Before and after pics ...

I restored a stock tank (was dented bad, so I gave hammering the knee dents a shot myself. Now I just need to paint it!) new parts ... PMA, PAMCO, brakes, cables, wire harness, controls, braided front brake lines, bar end mirrors, drag bars, Hugh's front fork brace, clutch rebuild, carbs cleaned and rejetted for pods and open exhuast, a ton of sanding and repainting, Dime City Cycles cafe seat, Old School Speed mid controls, and a few other odds and ends. I'll be doing a top end rebuild this winter to finish it off.

I am loving this bike! :bike:

BTW, thanks to all of you guys and this forum for all of the knowledge and advice!

wow looks fantastic! you sure are spoiling that bike lol :D

New guy here, nice to meet you all. Some many inspiring bikes here.
Here's my 79:
20130907_160336.jpg

Got this bike today! Has about 25k miles on it. Had been sitting in a garage for a long time, so my buddy who knows more than I got it cleaned up and running for me. One of those friend of a friend of a friend bikes. Waiting on some side covers and air filters. And obviously some new fork dust covers. Rode it about 35 miles today and it runs, well, almost perfect. Only modification is some gold Renthal bars.
I had an 81 about 17 years ago when i was 19 and it was a total POS, just broken in so many ways and poorly treated. I got it for about $300 and it was a blast but quickly went beyond what I had time for. So now this one feels like a dream.
I feel very lucky to have this bike sort of fall into my lap, I could afford it, and it was basically what my 19 year old self pined for, even with the rear discs. I loved that old bike but it was just falling apart. It shares a driveway with my '65 Ford truck and my wife's '68 Mercedes 280SE, the XS is the newest thing in the driveway, ha.

freemoRR: They are the ya mama exhaust. I really like them. As far as the looks they are one of my favorite features on the bike. Im running without baffles. They are loud, but not not to the point of too loud (for me at least). I was looking for loud pipes anyway just so I can be seen better and hopefully prevent collisions. One thing is they do vibrate pretty good towards the end of the pipe. But I dont have it bolted to anything.The only thing that attaches them on my bike is the exhaust port on the cylinder. So the vibration is easily preventable. I am running the xs650 jetted vm34 carbs. If I remember right thats 180 main, 25 pilot, 6F9 jet needle. It runs well and I havent needed to change the jetting.

New guy here, nice to meet you all. Some many inspiring bikes here.
Here's my 79:
20130907_160336.jpg

Got this bike today! Has about 25k miles on it.

welcome cardplayer :thumbsup:

your post may not have been noticed here as most new members introduce themselves in the 'Lounge' I think as there isn't a dedicated board.

Good looking bike , bars look good I think i need something similar for my 79 special.Post some more pics :thumbsup:

wow looks fantastic! you sure are spoiling that bike lol :D

Thanks, I'm at the age now where just getting things thrown together is not just good enough. I really want this bike to be bullet-proof and enjoyable!

Even though I'm not done with the bike completely, I already want another one! :laugh:

Thanks, I'm at the age now where just getting things thrown together is not just good enough. I really want this bike to be bullet-proof and enjoyable!

Even though I'm not done with the bike completely, I already want another one! :laugh:

yeah I know what you mean.:thumbsup:

In later life we have money ,premises and time but often you find all your 'get-up-and-go' has got up and gone ! while you were busy accumulting :laugh:

Well...I haven't had time to finish the 77 yet but this one fell into my lap locally. 72 frame with a 71 kick only engine. The frame is powder coated and it's got a new harness and runs but dies off idle. I'm not sure where I'm going with it yet but leaning towards stockish period cafe.
null_zps812d5053.jpg

null_zpsf26dbfa5.jpg

Back