First XS build done, f*** yeah!

Yourboychrisc

ObXSessed
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago i was trying to figure out whether to keep my xs2 or start a build on this 77" - http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22041

Well i decided to have some fun with her and here she is:

8067651623_a70b5bebef_c.jpg

8067646586_6d0baedd0e_c.jpg

8067649625_6c25f6c5ec_c.jpg

8067650687_4cfa79bf84_c.jpg

The wiring has been completely simplified with a custom harness built, everything wrapped in heat shrink. Went with a solid state reg/rec A cool little push/pull button controls power to the bike and I have small momentary button on my handlebars for the electric start which fires the bike up in like a 1/10th of a second, there is also a switch on the bars for my lights.

The front brake line has been replaced with super thin black steel braided line. I dropped the whole bike quite a bit, and yes there is enough room for suspension travel in the rear, it barely moves - this thing is practically a hard tail. As far as everything else goes, you can see whats been done.

Next up is a PMA, and I'm also thinking about rear sets. I'm usually not a fan of them but when you sit on this bike, it feels like it would be really fun to have your feet a little further back.

I also might do something with the tank but i really can't decide what yet...

Very nice!

I like the overall look, love the stance. Glad I don't have to sit my bony ass on that seat tho.

I do think a solid-color tank would help tie the whole thing together.

hehe, the seat is actually pretty forgiving, i used 3 layers of an old camping sleeping pad and it's pretty high density stuff. As far as the tank goes, i'm thinking of maybe having it plated. possibly a dark nickel or an aged brass look.

I might just go with a satin black/gold pinstripe job also.

hehe, the seat is actually pretty forgiving, i used 3 layers of an old camping sleeping pad and it's pretty high density stuff. As far as the tank goes, i'm thinking of maybe having it plated. possibly a dark nickel or an aged brass look.

I might just go with a satin black/gold pinstripe job also.

Oooooooooo I think aged brass would be perfect!

What's yer taillight made out of?

Very nice, I like it a lot.
My bike is quite similar and I feel the same way about the rear sets. Never thought I would need them without clip ons, but I find myself putting my feet on the rear passenger pegs quite often.

ok just got an idea...

What if i lifted the rear up a few inches again and fitted a modern front end (r1, gsxr etc...) and an 18" wheel, and then do the rearsets

Then maybe fit some modern chunky dual sport tires like trail wings or some trials tires. Probably give it less of a wrenchmonkees vibe and more of a classified moto feel.

Thoughts?

I kinda like the fact that the tank as it is harkens back to where it started, but that's just me, I guess. Simple, cool, and not completely hacked the fuck up. I like it.

Back