Well I finally started my project....

jmink427

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I got this bike over a year ago and just kept going back and forth about cutting it up. Well today I started. I will probably be crying in my pillow tonight when I think about it.....

WP_000112.jpg

WP_000288.jpg

temporary-106.jpg

temporary-108.jpg

temporary-111.jpg

temporary-109.jpg

temporary-110.jpg

OK, from now on, if anyone wants to cut up a nice old standard like that, LET ME KNOW! I'll trade you a perfectly good running Special and some Hugh's HandBuilt goodies to keep you from doing it...

That said, would you sell me the tank/side covers and fenders and seat? I wanna convert one of my ugly specials - haha... I'll trade you some HHB goodies as well, just let me know.

OK, from now on, if anyone wants to cut up a nice old standard like that, LET ME KNOW! I'll trade you a perfectly good running Special and some Hugh's HandBuilt goodies to keep you from doing it...

That said, would you sell me the tank/side covers and fenders and seat? I wanna convert one of my ugly specials - haha... I'll trade you some HHB goodies as well, just let me know.

Gee this kinda makes me feel guilty.................................O.K. I'm over it.. :D

I'm not sure what my plans are with the left over parts yet......

O.K I'm trying to see how different it looks by moving the swing arm to visualize it being stretched.... Feedback please.......

Stock

temporary-113.jpg

2" stretch

temporary-114.jpg

3" stretch

temporary-115.jpg

4" stretch

temporary-116.jpg

I went with 4" of stretch on my mono shock build. I like the direction this is going already.

Although it was a nice looking specimen before you started.

Got a little bit done tonight... Still think about what kind of bars to use.. I also have decided by the looks of the one picture I believe I'm gonna add 3" to 4" to the swing arm

temporary-118.jpg

temporary-117.jpg

I think I found a pretty good use for the front fender..... You put it on the back...... I had to bring in the radius a little bit. May have to bring it a little more to fit the tire a little better....

temporary-122.jpg

temporary-123.jpg

temporary-124.jpg

Well I couldn't find a tank that I really liked so I'm gonna cut mine down to see what I can do with it... I'm going to lower it about 1" and put more taper in it... about 1-1/2" in the back....

temporary-137.jpg

temporary-136.jpg

temporary-138.jpg

temporary-135.jpg

Thanks,, but I sure didn't know it was that thin when I started... I was thinking it wolud be about 18 gauge (.049") not 22 gauge (.028") :eek: It will make it a little more difficult to weld up probably be chasing a hole the whole time.... I think I will got get me some silicon bronze rods for this or use my neighbors mig and a piece of copper to back it up.... :shrug:

Back