Brembo brake adapter

tonyc

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to "The Retiredgentleman", I completed my Brembo Brake Adapter. RG was kind enough to send me cardboard a template of his adapter. I do not have a mill only a drill press, grinder, hacksaw, and files. It takes longer but the resulsts are close. Thanks RG and I hope to return the favor. Tony C. The other TC

Attachments

• PB240007.jpg
    PB240007.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 363
We've used these several times, they work great, and for $40.00 can't really beat it..

http://pandemoniumcustomchoppers.com/?siid=314&276,260,,100,2301634988

I agree Hugh, the $40.00 price is reasonable. A good kit for those who don't like to use tools and make-up their own parts. However, in the northern wilderness of Canada, there would likely be another $15 or $20 shipping charge. The aluminum for my front adapter cost $8.00 total, plus maybe $4.00 for bolts. My set-up does not require a spacer ring for the disk.

I also think there are lots of us that enjoy making parts by hand, as I know you can relate to.

So I fancy having a go at making getting these brake adapters made I've got a 1976 with 34mm forks calipers on rear of fork legs. Looking at the pandemonium adapter plates for 34mm & 35mm forks the only difference I can see is there is no spacer needed for the 34mm forks is this correct.

Instead of starting another thread - just making an adapter for my 34mm forks and this is the spacing. Having seen others it looked like the offset difference was minimal?

2012-12-14090601.jpg

Plate on the outside would work better for spacing, however on the inside is neater.
Anyone got a pic of theirs from above?

Edit: Oh and the pandemonium kit is great and about the same cost as materials/labour - however I'm in Aus and want brakes this weekend!

On my 78SE, the best axial spacing was with the adapter bracket on the outside. I have seen some that had the bracket on the inside. I did not have to use any rotor spacer.

With your 34 mm forks and wire wheels, you may have to use a spacer to move the rotor location.

Attachments

• Front caliper mounted.JPG
    Front caliper mounted.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 668
  • Front inside view.JPG
    Front inside view.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 394
Thanks a lot for the pic. I'm thinking of making the plate out of stainless so it can be a little thinner, I'm thinking about 6mm. Then running it on the inside with a spacer between the plate and fork tabs.

Hello everyone on this thread... Is there a chance anyone might have a lead on a drawing for a caliper adapter for Brembo 65mm caliper, for a 34mm fork? Specifically the 76C spec, with the caliper on the right, trailing the fork leg? Pandemonium has one for sale, but looks like they've jumped to $60 before shipping... Thanks all!

Back