Hard on Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdizon

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Decided I want a "HARD" tailed XS to add to my stable. I've always like the sleek lines. .

Rough sketch of the frame I would like to resemble for this build.

Edit: This is the new look I'm going for.
full

full

full

Damn that was quick. Ditto on the Cole Foster. Hopefully mine will be here in March

Single 1.5" down tube and backbone, 1.25" everything else. Plan is to have the backbone the same angle as the front rather than a steeper angle as the standard frames have them. backend will angle up just where the backbone cross member is. As for the rest of the build, think it will end up something like the brown bobber build happening on here at the moment, 19" front and 16 rear spokes all blacked out and a simple sporty tank and drag bars

83781700.jpg

I like Hard Tails too, I like the Fong way but not with the TC bros Hard Tail.... I'd go with DavidBird with slight strech and drop.
Got a ColeFoster tank on my wall too.... had it before I found a project bike....LOL.

Single 1.5" down tube and backbone, 1.25" everything else. Plan is to have the backbone the same angle as the front rather than a steeper angle as the standard frames have them. backend will angle up just where the backbone cross member is. As for the rest of the build, think it will end up something like the brown bobber build happening on here at the moment, 19" front and 16 rear spokes all blacked out and a simple sporty tank and drag bars

83781700.jpg

Bowser,

Man took me a Minute to see the frame! Stuck looking at the bike behind it!

@Lester

Yeah I dig the Fong bros look! I want the David bird hardtail because of the looped backenf but want a 2" drop for the seat, similar tithe ardcore.

Still deciding on what hard tail to go with. Either Ardcore or Davidbird. Not sure I plan to use the cole foster. I want to go with something skinnier. Thinking a hard tail with 0" stretch and 2" drop.

id be interested in the cole foster if you go to sell it. that frame looks good, ardcore tail gets my vote

Another rough sketch. Think this is "The ONE"...

full

David Bird hard Looped tail 2" stretch 2" drop.

You scetch awsome! Thats pretty cool.
Ehh.... I prefer the CF tank... its a taste ting... I prefer the lines to flow.
PhotShop in a CF tank and show us... :D:thumbsup:
Have a good weekend!

Thanks Lester! I'll design something with the CF tank. I'd probably go with a more triangular hard tail and longer stretch, at least 4" to look good with the CF tank. I really like that tank as well and plan to use it one day. Well, I've got another frame I can use for it hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back