73 tx650 petcock

txgary

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
found nos petcocks and nos spacers for my 73 tx650 and wanted to know how to put together.old ones look like they used some kind of gray gasket sealer like a plastic metal bond or three bond sealer,thanks,txgary

AFAIK there is no sealer other than gaskets used on any petcock on any year of the XS650 or any other petcock I have seen for that matter. At least not before some PO (previous owner) got to it. Spacers what spacers?

Welcome to the board.

#42 might be considered as a spacer? Especially since it isn't metal as we know everyday run of the mill washers to be.

WER is right there are special "gasket/seals" used under the screw heads that attach the petcock to the tank. Those are essential to a leak free install.

yes,it's number 1 in the picture,can't see it on other side,these came on all from factory,#366-24545-00,only 1/4 inch and has a gasket like the petcock and holes and slides right on top,i guess it aligns the hose with carb,it only has a thin layer of something gray along outer edge,just trying to find out what,thanks txgary

Number 1 is the tank in the schematic.
gggGary run the part number through e-bay and his is right.
It is a full spacer instead of the contoured o-ring.
txgary it goes between the petcock and tank where #40 is in the schematic.

Sure enough! I just ran the 73 up on the lift for a carb overhaul and those spacers are there between the tank and petcocks. That Yamaha picture above is from the Yamaha site and I used the 1973 TX650 parts but the pic clearly shows a 70-72 tank. Oh well, I guess even Yama-mama makes some oopsies.

Got to go warm up the Pinesol, later!

Back