87 Crown Vic Chop

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
A little project from a couple of summers ago that I thought you guys might enjoy. Yeah the wheels are worth more than the car :laugh: (I used to make fun of people who did that). It's all cosmetic because there's nothing done to the tired 5.0 V8 under the hood except for the exhaust being cut off. It's a fun car for the nice summer days. Yes there are no doors and it gets rained it, but there are drain holes in the floor pan and the seats dry out very quick and don't smell.

87crownvicchop01.jpg

87crownvicchop02.jpg

87crownvicchop03.jpg

I didn't quite get it into storage before the first snow last year :shrug:

87crownvicchop03b.jpg

Before:

87crownvicchop04.jpg

Work in progress pictures... I was living in a townhouse for about a year and did all work right where it sits in this picture. Took about a month working on it some evenings and on the weekends.. My neighbors must have hated me! The townhouse had a 2 car garage but it was full of bikes! :bike:

87crownvicchop05.jpg

Looks like a boat on the inside with the sheet metal interior. I spent more on all the sheet metal than I did on the car. :laugh:

87crownvicchop06.jpg

that is straight pimp, homie!!
I would have swore it was photochopped without the before/after pics! huge improvement. looks kinda cool actually. especially since you got rid of the doors all together. Was it wavy as hell? cant tell, white hides dents/waves.
Its ok if you like it . I rock the hell outta that thing. needs to be slammed !!

Thanks! Yeah definitely not photochopped! I wish had those skills in photoshop! Yeah it's a little wavy and that's why I chose white. It would hide it even more if it were flat instead of gloss. I'm not that good with body work and I didn't really care that much. Went through a shit load of bondo! Would be cool if it were slammed but that would be way too much for work for this old beater. I already have too much time and money into it for what it is. But one thing leads to another... "hmm.. I just got this cheap beater car... I should take a sawzall to the roof!" then, "I better at least weld the doors to give it a little strength", then "I better gut the interior so it doesn't stink when it rains" then "well I better finish it off a little bit so there are not so many sharp edges and corners" to "better get some rims for it!"

Still can't believe you chopped this up...Fomoco only produced about a billion of them! Very,very cool! I don't need a project to piss off my neighbors,my mere existance seems to do the trick.

haha.. yeah thought about it but the rear tires already rub when you have 3 people in the back (or two big dudes)... And the front will rub if you take a sharp corner pretty hard so I'm going to leave it as is.

Hmm.. Let's see..
  • $100 - Car (transmission wouldn't shift into 3rd or overdrive when I got it)
  • $300 - Steel (Maybe it was closer to $250.. Don't remember exactly but there's a lot of new sheet metal on or in the car)
  • $500 - Wheels (used on craigslist)
  • $200 - Wheel spacers
  • $80 - Marine vinyl for the seats (never used it)
  • $55 - Tractor paint, hardener, primer, thinner :D
  • $40 - Roll-on bed liner
  • $200??? - Cut off and grinding wheels, bondo, junk yard parts (seat belts etc), welding wire and gas, great stuff foam, and a ton of other misc stuff.
So about $1,500 give or take a couple hundred. Damn that shit adds up! :banghead: Not to mention the time that went into it. I only planned on spending a few hundred... I told you one thing led to another with this project. I guess most of the cost is the wheels, spacers, and metal with the car coming in 4th for the most costly items. :shrug:

naw.. no motor upgrades for this car.. too much time and energy spent on it already..

haha!! That's crazy!! I'll have to read through that later when I have more time! Pictures are entertaining though! He should put wings on that scooter. :gun:

Back