The BoB-A-SwinG build 1st XS attemp!

Sn34ky

Farmer's can build bike 2
Reaction score
The BoB-A-SwinG bratstyle build 1st XS endeavour!

Hey guys! Snow is finally melting up here and temp get a little bit warmer so I can start working on my xs. I'm going for a brat/bobber since hardtail are illegal here. I was collecting parts all winter long, so it will probably goes pretty fast if I can sqeeze my free time for this! And sorry for my english, my mother taught me french!

So here's the bike as I bought it last year
img0178uj.jpg

How it sit before winter

photo265v.jpg

and where I am with it now

After a quick hour before going back to work

Then I've already started to give my BS some love, 1 done...

more to come!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Sn34ky.
Our rotors are 7mm that harley rear rotor is probably 5mm. the front maybe a little thinner.
as long as its not to wide and hits the wheel or spokes
You should be able too make adaptors.
more pix would be cool

hey buddy im form trois-rivieres near you...

give me some news maybe we will make a ride this summer if you want

btw im french too:thumbsup:

Welcome. Off to a good start. I like the brat style bikes. Hardtails are illegal I wonder why. :shrug: You will have a nicer bike when you get it finished. Hardtails look good for show bikes. It doesn't make sense to me to cut the springs off the bike and put springs on the seat. :laugh:

Welcome to the site Sn34ky.
Our rotors are 7mm that harley rear rotor is probably 5mm. the front maybe a little thinner.
as long as its not to wide and hits the wheel or spokes
You should be able too make adaptors.
more pix would be cool

So our rotor are thicker! Both are front galiper so It will be too thick... thanks for the info bro!

hey buddy im form trois-rivieres near you...

give me some news maybe we will make a ride this summer if you want

btw im french too:thumbsup:

On va se faire une ride c'est certain mon frère! J'vais souvent dans le coin de Drummond, mes parents y habitent encore... c'est certain que cette été j'me fais une ride jusqu'au Saguenay en passant par la tuque! On s'en redonnera des nouvelles!

Welcome. Off to a good start. I like the brat style bikes. Hardtails are illegal I wonder why. :shrug: You will have a nicer bike when you get it finished. Hardtails look good for show bikes. It doesn't make sense to me to cut the springs off the bike and put springs on the seat. :laugh:

If you have a ''chance'' to ride on our road here, you'll notice that even with springs, it's like riding an hardtail in a gravel pit!! So hardtail was not an option for me even with our stupid laws! But... I'm planning on putting a springer seat too! :bike:

here's some shots of my collection... It's sunny outside today so i'll might put some time on the bike and have a couple more pics tonight! maybe start cutting this thing!

63664366.jpg

img02162.jpg

And the toy I bought last fall... had some time to get the hand on it during winter... I need to get a better torch, this wp26 is bulcky! also have a lincoln mig if things get too complicated!

46948992.jpg

I love seeing a pile of parts!

How is that Everlast? I 've been tempted to get one for a long time but at work they were going to throw away a Lincoln Invertec 350 Pro DC TIG/Stick machine. They said the board was fried but after looking at the schematic the case wasn't grounded and then it worked fine..

Haven't gotten my hand on some argon to play with it yet though.

It's a I-tig 200 DC only unit, so far so good! It's my first tig box so I can't really compare with hi-end unit, but for 600$ I think it's a great bang 4 the bucks. Have lift, HF, pulse, up & down slope, pre & post flow, foot control... more then everything a hobbyist like me need to have some fun! I bought that for learning, probably sell it after this project and get a +250amps AC/DC... maybe i'll go for everlast an other time, I can't really afford a 4000$ box without getting my head chop by the wife!:er:

Now for the bike... I have a pretty nice leak at the clutch pushrod... and maybe at cam seals.. I'm questionning myself about rephase or not... hummm... top end is suppose to have ~2000 miles on it... compression is at 120.... tough question that cost 800 or 50... If I'm not doing the rephase now, it's sure i'll do it next winter...

Buy a couple of those push rod seals, they are easy to screw up.. they catch an edge and tear.

Rephase next winter.... its almost riding season!

Thanks... that's what I needed to hear to convince me not going farther in the project right now! Someone to slap me in the face. :poke:

Clutch push rod seals are designed to be replaced by splitting the cases to do it properly. I've had pretty good luck lubing the outside surface with motor oil, then pushing it in. Like the poster above says buy a couple at a time.:)

Done some job on the bike today and also grab 100' of 3c1 acwu today and waiting on the ground to de-freeze... so I can bring a 100amps panel in my 10x16 bunker! lol!!

So here's a couple pics:
img0066wn.jpg

img0072yj.jpg

img0073pt.jpg

and the DIY monster brat kit!!

img0070th.jpg

couple more! I need to put parts on it so I can photoshop it in my brain while I'm sleeping!

img0067ic.jpg

img0069gn.jpg

img0071zr.jpg

*Note to myself: I need to drop the front

I like it.
You are doing a good job.
I was looking at a friends harley calipers. and it look like there is plenty of room for a
7mm caliper. the caliper that I was looking at was a little different. take a pic of the inside lets see what it looks like..I was also noticing that his caliper would be easer to mod that the brembo gold that has been moded to fit the 7mm caliper.

Hey Sneek,

Good to see your build comming along, nice mod to the DIY Monster tubes... I like it.
I'm still working on the seat arrangement for mine... It will be a bit complicated...lol.
Nice TIG... wish I had one!
Keep the pictures rolling in!

Lester

Thanks guys! I was super motivated when I wake up this morning, but today it's freezzzzzing outside, i've tried to get to work, but after 5 min I can't feel my fingers anymore, so I'm calling the day... :( Good day for shopping a new tig torch!

It's so cold outside, didn't spent as much time as I wanted to, but I'm almost done with the fitting, I'll tack this in place asap to start cleaning the frame, installing new neck gussets, oil bag, the seat... I'm asking myself if I'm keeping the top motor mount or not or making one from scratch... Can I see improvement on vibration if I make a custom rubber top mount?

here's a couple shots from today...

63717098.jpg

60012307.jpg

I like your set arrangment... very similar to what I have planed for mine.
I am also considering bracing the "cross tube" between the MCM tubes due to the force from the shocks... Nothing huge but just a little extra insurance for the bumpy roads.
What you think?

I'll put a cross tube where the loops and shock mounts are, 1st for side to side rigidity and 2nd i'll put the seat spring mounts on it too... and probably the oil bag will attach to this tube too! So yess it's a good idea... I think!! But we both think so we are in majority right now! :)

With the angle from where it mounts to the downtube, the loops and the 1.125 od tubing... I think this thing can be pretty stiff and have no reason to wiggle if welded properly!! If you look at a stock geometry and tubing, all the force is pushing up to the seat rail, with this super duper monster/sneaky/lester 3000 engineering the stress is going foward on the backbone... thats the reason I have no problem cutting the 2 lower brace tube to make place for the oil bag.

Back