DTree

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to chop into this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 319
Its an 81 special payed 1900 22k kms local bc bike. Never seen rain. New battery outta box. And manual. Ps almost bought one from detroit and brought it across the border. U cant find these things in vancouver

Posted via Mobile

My 83 Heritage Special, is a Canadian import (brand new), and that has the Drum rear mag as well.

I think the Canadian models have the Mags with the drum rear. Hard to get much info from there about that.

i agree it's too pretty (sans buckhorn bars) to chop.

skull- how many different flavors did mamayama make? usa, euro, canada?, aussie?...

Well i dont want to cruise it stock. I was thinkn brat style because it is so nice. But i love the bobbers.

Posted via Mobile

So much cool stuff can just be bolted,and unbolted. Before you get the sawzall out,research some modified stockers. You might be surprised. I had a 12000 mile bone stock 77 given to me,and could not bring myself to cut it up. I put it on ebay,and was stunned at what it brought!!! I then got a 78 with a bent frame,and cut that bike up to make what I wanted. Just sayin.

Lots of nice bikes have been cut up. Eventually they will pass a law to prevent this from happening. Most insurance companies ask if the bike has any modifications done on the bike. I don't think a lot of these creations could obtain insurance with out telling the agent a fib. It would be interesting to know if you can insure it other wise. Something like any modifications yes it has the rear suspension cut off and I welded on a hard tail with a 6" stretch and 2" drop. The front suspension was changed the springer looked better. By the way the motor is a highly modified re-phased 750 cc. Let me know how it goes. :D

people get customs insured all the time. i'd like to see the insurance company that won't take my money.

however, what you disclose to them is a whole nother story...

skull- how many different flavors did mamayama make? usa, euro, canada?, aussie?...

Well i can tell you a lot about the different models, differences, and where they were sold.

USA, Aussie, Europe. Has a lot of bearing when questions are asked from other countries. Can you answer if it isn't US specific, or for that matter if it is.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, this thread is hilarious, a year ago a Special, no matter how good a condition it was in, wouldn't have a single chopper voting for its reprieve and any one saying to keep it was classed as an oldie or deranged.:laugh:

Chop the f**##er and sell me the good parts.

Got me second guessing my self now as to what I wanna do. :shrug:

DTree, It all boils down to what you want to do!

If you plan on cutting it up anyways you shoulda bought a runner for like 800.

Was it a great find? Hell yes! :thumbsup:

Main thing is build what you want and post a lot of pictures! I know what it's like to get in a hurry and then start second guessing everything! :banghead: I grabbed the first one I could get a hold of and had I spent a little longer looking, I probably could have gotten something in better shape for a little more.

Look at it this way, you've got a head start on clean up! lol!

Back