Craigk47s Minimalist Manc Bobber

Craigk47

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to start a new thread seeing as the title of my last one was a little misleading due to me completely changing the direction i was headed with the build shortly after starting it.

I'm building an xs650 hardtail bobber from the little brick shed behind my house. So far, well i'm not actually that far. The engine is in pieces and has seen better days and the frame is now considerably lighter than when I started :)

BUT I do have some cool parts collecting and some even cooler ones on the way. Here's some pics.....

IMG-20130521-WA0001.jpg

Here's how the spec's shaping up at the moment-
Mikuni VM34 carbs
Pamco ignition
Kick only with capacitor
Bates headlight
Side mount old skool ford tail light
0 stretch 2 inch drop David Bird looped hardtail
Lowbrow peanut tank
Original mag wheels powder coated black with bad ass firestone tyres
Home built PMA kit
7 metal west rear fender
Gonna lower the forks and shave all the lugs

:thumbsup: cool looking we can do little miracle in this little shed so far....

im in the same boat as you ....my little shed workshop is 10x12 footprint

with 3 xs650 inside yeah 3! :yikes:

i will follow your good work! :)

Jdizon thanks man! I was looking at your drawings on the hard on build. Thats a nice frame man! I couldn't draw like that! Took me five hours to do mine! Had to scale down pics from the internet then trace them off my laptop screen :)

Bobber_xs wouldnt like to try fitting three xs in my shed! Lol. Gotta work with what we got though, eh? Not gonna stop me building a kick ass bike!

Got my new engine through last weekend so mocked it up in the frame with my carbs etc. Had my buddy round helping me too so got him to fabricate my adapter for the stator mount. Finally got my wheel bearings in too and stripped the forks ready for mock up to see how low i wanna go :)

Back