Free - Start of a pass it forward thread

Sonnylynnvick75

XS650 Young Gun
Reaction score
I'm a corvette guy and I noticed how in some corvette forums we all have a pass it forward or pay it forward thread. It is simply a good deed of helping other enthusiasts. You simply post what you have and if someone needs it or wants it to use it then it is free except for the person who needs it pays shipping. but to repay the community you must offer items for free as well. Make sense?

I'll start it off with what I have, remember everything is free except for shipping. Hopefully this doesn't violate any forum rules and the admins don't disapprove.

Located in Rossville, Ga. 30741 will ship USPS or fedex or UPS depending on preference and best price. I just have no need for any of this anymore.

A) two brand new air filters stock for 81 650 special

B) Sissy bar for 81 xs

E) Stock handlebars for a 78 xs

F) Stock rear shocks for a 78 and an 81

H) 78 fork springs and fork uppers and lowers and such

I) Foot pegs, Bushings are shot and one is missing a rubber(claimed)

A) tank with dual petcocks, has two large dents, I'm not sure if petcocks work or not.comes with cap but key hole is shot

B) fork springs

C) Rubber battery boot

D) Factory wheels (mag)

E) Front frame support, engine mount thing.

F) Some of the bolts and ill update tonight.

Remember, PAY IT FORWARD
If you need something ask and I'll look for it.

If the admins made this a sticky and this works that would be pretty cool.

Triple trees are claimed.

Attachments

• IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
I have some passenger pegs,
a short stalk blinker,
2 amber blinker lenses,
plastic frame storage box,
triple tree top cover,
a starter relay and other assorted relays,
and stock '81 special seat
that I can donate to a good home. I could really use that triple tree Sonny, I will PM you, This "pay forward thread" is a great idea! help out your fellow XSers!! :bike: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have:
79 special tank, with working non leaking petcocks (there is still some fuel that is about 2 months old, so it may be kind of hard to ship due to the fuel scent, prefer pick up only)

side covers available too. I can ship them USPS

IMG_1809_zpsc2c3e2a8.jpg

every one removes the stock airboxes I have yet to see them in person.
I have a butt load of parts I need gone

78-79 standard tank, side covers, fenders, tail light, front caliper, grab bar, foot pegs
Tank my be gone.. that better?

full

Not XS650... but, ive been.holding onto a pair of floorboards that came off a goldwing... if you can use them,your welcome to them. Great shape.

I also have gauge cluster (faces are loose), stock air boxes, and parts from other bikes you may have no idea about.

03 yz125 triple tree,
04yz250 triple tree
05 kx250f leftside radiator
and multiple sets of mx bars

Last edited:
Right sidecover on it's way out to another member. Center stand will be available in a week or two (using it currently until I weld in my VI brat kit)

I have:
-(2) petcocks, not sure of condition, one screen looks bad.
-Key Ignition with key,
-Rear shocks, not sure if oem or not. they are rusty
-gas tank, clean, with cap, working petcocks and key, but has some fuel in it, so pick up only.
-stock size battery. May be a few years old. Holds a charge. My starter doesn't work so I'm not sure how "powerful" it is, but I didn't have any running issues when it was in my bike.

Right sidecover on it's way out to another member. Center stand will be available in a week or two (using it currently until I weld in my VI brat kit)

I have:
-(2) petcocks, not sure of condition, one screen looks bad.
-Key Ignition with key,
-Rear shocks, not sure if oem or not. they are rusty
-gas tank, clean, with cap, working petcocks and key, but has some fuel in it, so pick up only.
-stock size battery. May be a few years old. Holds a charge. My starter doesn't work so I'm not sure how "powerful" it is, but I didn't have any running issues when it was in my bike.

Is it a lead/ acid battery?

Looking for a stock seat. Not sure on the year,but I'm looking for the flat seat like on the '74 model year. I currently have a '82 special with the double hump seat, and I'm looking to switch for the cafe look. Please help! Thanks everyone..

Back