Mule Frames

mule

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
full

Wow. Very nice!!!

Ok so here goes:

What is the size of the neck?
What size tubing on the back bone and down tube (O.D., wall, type, and grade)
What is the rake?
What is the length of the swingarm over stock and wheelbase?
What axle adjusters?
Weight?
Cost?

Do you have any shots that show the whole setup from the side? Can't wait to see a completed bike!

I'll get you all the dimensions. It's .080" wall which is thick for a cromoly frame and this thing is light, but that's not the focus. It's probably half the weight of a stock frame and incredibly strong. I'm building bikes out of the first two and when I get the first one on its wheels, I''l be sure to add some more pictures. It will use the standard sliding internal aluminum blocks for chain adjusters. The steering head will get 2 aluminum bearing inserts which can be made or altered if desired to take any steering head bearings at a variety of angles, assuming you were unhappy with the standard 26 degrees.

Stunning!

The swing arm looks long (or maybe it's just the pic).....And wide, what tyre/wheel are you planning on being able to squeeze in there?

Very nice work, cheers.

What appears to be a long swing arm is in fact a short cradle(no cradle), section up front where the motor sits. On a normal frame the motor has space in front of it and a little behind it. This frame is much more compact. The Blue bike(below in it's early construction phase), has a 54" wheelbase with an 18" swingarm dimension with the axle moved all the way forward. I'll have to assemble the new frame into a complete bike to get an accurate dimension, but the s/a is 18.75" withe axle moved all the way forward.

full

Mule, first off, real nice work! Second, you did not mention a ballpark figure. I am truly impressed, & although I am not a rider of Isle Of Man caliper, I am interested in a lite, fairly quick, but mostly reliable machine. Here on the east coast there are alot of 'twisty's' that are a blast to do, & with a bike that can handle them a little better than my mostly stock 650,I am in for that.

I'm thinking it's going to be $2800.00 That will include all the "Gingerbread", like battery box, coil mounts, taillight mount etc, etc. That stuff isn't on this frame yet.

Richard ... as always stunning work .... any idea when the frames will be available ??, and what shipping costs to Ontario Canada might be worth ?? .... Drop me a PM

Funny thing about these bikes, that frame runs about 10 times what I paid for my bike (well my folks paid for as Christmas gift). Having said that I want the frame!

Well, think about this. You can get junk motors for free or $25.00 or whatever. But by the time you go completely through one and make it reliable, beautiful inside and out and bump the power output, you can end up with $2500 real easy! Most XS650's are merely a starting point for your dream project. But they are a very good starting point.

wow gorgeous frames. I have seen your site before.
Are those welds TIG?
MY MIG welds are getting better, but are nowhere near that tidy.
(gonna go look at your site again)

Back