2014 XS650 Calendar VOTE HERE!

Which XS650s would you like to see in the 2014 XS650 Calendar?

• Resto

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Robd

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • shakey

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • teamkandy

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • Vincenthdfan

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • gbobst

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • jsmith1107

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • livingdeadmc

• maas562

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • plane_ben

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • 79XS

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • DIRTY DOG

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • ELCameeeno

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • feileod

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • jdizon

Votes: 44 61.1%
  • FreemoRR

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • westonboege

• sparky4123

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • JAGspeed

Votes: 35 48.6%
  • EvenmoreXS

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Paulrxs650

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • richardthemotorcycle1

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • rs74tx

Votes: 5 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Vote for the XS650s you'd like to see in the 2014 XS650 Calendar!

A little background on the XS650 calendars... Last year samoran1 put together a 2013 XS650 calendar. It was quite popular so he volunteered to put together a 2014 calendar. In 2012 we had an XS650 of the month contest (almost every month) so picking the bikes for the calendar was easy. We didn't have an XSOTM contest this year, so in November samoran1 created a thread asking for nominations for the bikes that should be in the 2014 calendar. See the nomination thread. Now that we have our nominations, we need to have a vote.

This is the voting thread. There will be 13 bikes in the calendar (the calendar will include January 2015). The bike with the most votes will be on the cover and also have its own month (like last year). Since we are in a time crunch, we will only have three days for voting. You can vote for as many bikes as you want.

For the top 13 nominees: Since we have limited time, samoran1 needs all of the pictures for the calendar by Sunday (Dec 8th). After the voting ends on Thursday, you will have just a few days to get pictures to samoran1. If you're in the top 13, I'll pm you samoran1's email address after the voting ends. Samoran1 has said that he needs 3 or 4 high quality photos of your bike (at least 3375 x 2625 px). No logos or watermarks please. In the event that people are unable to supply photos in time, the next runner up will be included instead. So the close runners up (14, 15 and 16) may wish to have photos ready to send in.

Nominees, if you already have your 3 or 4 high quality photos that you plan to submit if you are chosen, please feel free to post them in this thread (if they are different than the one or 2 posted below).

After the voting is complete and the calendar is put together, a thread will be created with the final product and a link to an ordering page. There may only be a few days to order, so check back often for the ordering thread. A link to the ordering thread will be posted in this thread as well as on the main page.

A big thank you to everyone who has helped make this calendar happen so far... especially 650Skull for the list below, gathering pictures, etc.!

Here are the nominations. Vote using the poll above.

Resto
full

full

Robd
full

full

shakey
full

full

teamkandy
full

full

Vincenthdfan
full

gbobst
full

full

jsmith1107
full

full

livingdeadmc
full

full

maas562
full

full

plane ben
full

full

79XS
full

full

DIRTY DOG
full

full

ELCameeeno
full

full

feileod
full

full

jdizon
full

full

FreemoRR
full

full

westonboege
full

full

sparky4123
full

full

JAGspeed
full

full

EvenmoreXS
full

full

Paulrxs650
full

full

richardthemotorcycle1
full

full

rs74tx
full

Voted. Nice work Travis on the poll. Thanks to 650Skull and Travis for helping pull this together. A lot of really cool bikes with nice diversity! It will be another nice calendar this year. I also believe this was the fairest way to go about it. Just like an MC!

Sorry if I didn't get back to everyone! Thanks for all the help

Shawn

Travis, as I'll be on the road this week, I'll post my pics here. I should be able to send to samoran1 as my pics are hosted on photo bucket. I'll be working with my I-pad, so I'll depend on wireless access to get this accomplished. PM me if you need to.

f5f5f604-9d0f-4523-a517-9d84e0d1e23d_zps97452eed.jpg

e5cfaa89-9b6e-4998-8be7-06765f512570_zps2c56ab59.jpg

28ee01f3-1a1a-4640-8ac2-2185369f6344_zps1132b17d.jpg

bf6a657b-762c-456c-bf64-2d2690b64b15_zps20397d60.jpg

man some real nice bikes, but i think robd takes it in style and thought. looks like more effort than cash went into that beauty. killer bike man you have my vote. too bad i cant vote for a top three...or at least i assume that you get one vote. nice work everyone.

You can vote for as many as you want, but once you have voted you can't change them or vote for additional bikes. It says multiple choice poll and it also mentions it in the second paragraph of the first post.

You can vote for as many as you want, but once you have voted you can't change them or vote for additional bikes. It says multiple choice poll and it also mentions it in the second paragraph of the first post.

doh...oh well im satisfied with my vote... the others i would like to see win, are.

Last edited:
Agreed, gonna need to know soon because if we need better pictures I have to dig my bike out of the shed---and we received 6 inches of snow and it is also 15 below today. :)

The poll closed early yesterday morning, so our winners are:

jdizon
Robd
JAGspeed
teamkandy
Vincenthdfan
livingdeadmc
westonboege
EvenmoreXS
Paulrxs650
jsmith1107
ELCameeeno
plane_ben
Resto*
maas562*

*Resto and maas562 tied for the last spot. Both should submit photos and if one person above them is unable to provide photos, they will both be in. If everyone above them submits photos, we'll either have a quick sudden death vote or figure something else out.

I'll send everyone in the list above a PM very soon.

gbobst, DIRTY DOG, and sparky4123 are the next runners up.

Congrats to the winners of nominations! Sweet:thumbsup:

I'm going to save Travis some time and just post the info of WHAT and WHERE to send for the calendars.

Please send all the following in ONE email to shawn@morandesignco.com with the following info to put it in the calendar:

1 main image
2-3 detail images

Name: (or xs650.com Username, whatever you want in the calendar)
Brief paragraph about the build exactly how you want it in the calendar:

Thanks!

What do we do to be fair about the tie??

Shawn

Congrats to the winners of nominations! Sweet:thumbsup:

I'm going to save Travis some time and just post the info of WHAT and WHERE to send for the calendars.

Please send all the following in ONE email to shawn@morandesignco.com with the following info to put it in the calendar:

1 main image
2-3 detail images

Name: (or xs650.com Username, whatever you want in the calendar)
Brief paragraph about the build exactly how you want it in the calendar:

Thanks!

What do we do to be fair about the tie??

Shawn

re vote for just the two or an ol' timey knife fight.

@TeamKandy - I am unable to reply to your private message because of your settings. Please see above post for info on where to send. Thanks!

For the tie we can have a one day vote on Monday if we need to. That would mean that all twelve people ahead of them got their photos in, unless you're giving people a little wiggle room with the deadline.

Which is it going to be? I don't want to bring a knife to a gun fight..........:shrug:

resto

@restro - I think you are both getting in... 2 extra months!(2015)

Update: I am working on laying out the calendar yet. I am still waiting to hear back from Jdizon on getting me pictures. Should have a proof to show and will start taking pre-orders soon. Stay tuned! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back