Ranger Machine 3.25" weld-on swingarm extensions $45

Ranger

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
This kit allows you to extend your swingarm 3.25" while retaining your stock axle spacers and tensioners, and eliminates the need to build a jig, cut your swingarm apart, get some slugs turned, and cannibalize another swingarm for the right size tubing.

The axle plates will work on all Yamaha xs650 factory swingarms. 1981-83 swingarms without removable end caps require some minor cutting. *Working on instructions for 70-73 swingarms; axle plate stem will need to be shortened in addition to cutting the back of the axle slot on the swingarm. May work on other makes/models with 20mm axle slots. (I know it's a direct fit for my brother's 1981 cb650.)

Introductory price of $45 plus $6.90 shipping (U.S. Post Office Priority domestic flat rate). International shipping will be calculated on a case-by-case basis.

Each kit includes 2 axle plates laser cut out of 3/8" plate, and 4 stainless steel 20 mm washers.

full

Pictured below is my current project before and after extending the swingarm. Note that the wheel is in full forward position in the second picture.

full

full

The axle plates come with mounting holes for struts or sissybars. These can be removed for applications that do not require them.

full

For installation instructions, see my album here:
http://www.xs650.com/forum/album.php?albumid=2624

hey man can i get a set of these to canada? been looking for extension options forever! how do they hold up when welded properly? they look awesome!
you can send me an invoice?
cheers
Robert

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
hey man can i get a set of these to canada? been looking for extension options forever! how do they hold up when welded properly? they look awesome!
you can send me an invoice?
cheers
Robert

Posted via Mobile

Sure thing buddy! I'll get you a shipping quote.

I can't answer how they hold up, as this is my first run, and my bike that I put them on isn't on the road yet.

What I can say is these axle plates are the same thickness and material as Voodoo Vintage uses on their hardtails. When properly welded, there's no reason these shouldn't hold up. I'd trust these before an option that involves cutting apart a swingarm and welding it back together.

Maybe it's mentioned in the directions but I'm on my phone and it's hard to go through all the pics. Does the brake stay and brake drum rod work without modification? Cool idea either way.

Maybe it's mentioned in the directions but I'm on my phone and it's hard to go through all the pics. Does the brake stay and brake drum rod work without modification? Cool idea either way.

Great question! I hadn't addressed this yet on the forum.

No, the factory brake stay, and actuator rod will need to be lengthened or new ones will need to be made.

This is great! Ive actually been avoiding buying/building an extended swingarm due to the absurdly odd angle it puts the shocks at and what a pain it is to find new shocks to address the issue. Do you happen to have a pic of the rear wheel mounted in the full rearward position? Almost forgot to ask, is there a particular reason you went with that length and would you be open to doing something like a 4in?

This is great! Ive actually been avoiding buying/building an extended swingarm due to the absurdly odd angle it puts the shocks at and what a pain it is to find new shocks to address the issue. Do you happen to have a pic of the rear wheel mounted in the full rearward position? Almost forgot to ask, is there a particular reason you went with that length and would you be open to doing something like a 4in?

Sure, I have my roller broken down right now, but I'll throw it together and snap a couple of pics.

As to the length, it was the closest I could get it to the factory slot while still having enough meat on the weld-in plates for strength. I get these done in bulk, so I don't currently have any plans to do anything longer. I think the length I went with hit the sweet spot for this type of design.

I picked up a set of Rangers axle plates at the chop off for my wifes bikes and really like them. ez install, good solid product at a good price
pjsaxleplate_zpszy8b6c8f.jpg

This kit allows you to extend your swingarm 3.25" while retaining your stock axle spacers and tensioners, and eliminates the need to build a jig, cut your swingarm apart, get some slugs turned, and cannibalize another swingarm for the right size tubing.

The axle plates will work on all Yamaha xs650 factory swingarms. 1981-83 swingarms without removable end caps require some minor cutting. *Working on instructions for 70-73 swingarms; axle plate stem will need to be shortened in addition to cutting the back of the axle slot on the swingarm. May work on other makes/models with 20mm axle slots. (I know it's a direct fit for my brother's 1981 cb650.)

Introductory price of $45 plus $6.90 shipping (U.S. Post Office Priority domestic flat rate). International shipping will be calculated on a case-by-case basis.

Each kit includes 2 axle plates laser cut out of 3/8" plate, and 4 stainless steel 20 mm washers.

full

Pictured below is my current project before and after extending the swingarm. Note that the wheel is in full forward position in the second picture.

full

full

The axle plates come with mounting holes for struts or sissybars. These can be removed for applications that do not require them.

full

Hi, can i please contact you so i can purchase an extension kit.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Hi Ranger, are the brackets still for sale and can you send to Australia? Cheers.

Back