For Sale - XS650 ignitions

hooser

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Powerdynamo ignition.. standard or 277 timing. I am ready to put in a new order for next year.
Magnet based generator with integrated, speed-dependent, fully electronic ignition. Light output 12V/100W DC. Solid state ignition with own power supply from within the system. Replaced all ignition and alternator parts. Technically, you can run without a battery. No timing at the cam, easy install rock solid.
The standard timing is easy install, just find TDC and lock it down. I never ran a 277 motor so I do not know it other then the instruction look as easy and parts are the same. except for another pickup on the generator and 2 adjustable advance box. Very Durable.. I raced with one for 2 years.. solid German engineering.
if interested let me know, I will add to the order.. Take 10% off prepay orders.
Standard timing... $537.00
277 timing ...$583.00
Here is a link so you can check them out.
http://www.powerdynamo.biz/eng/sitemap.htm
Thank you, Gary
www.hoosracing.com

Attachments

• 1230151312.jpg
    1230151312.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 248
  • 360 POWERDYNAMO.JPG
    360 POWERDYNAMO.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Ignition timing would be rock solid run from the crank, they've been around a while, just never seen a good photo of them.
Seems to be based on the venerable rd350 platform....

Have you sold many Gary..?

Over about 7 OR 8 years only about 10, the problem I was running into was the cost.. I use to have to sell at $700.00 or so to make a dollar. Not many would what to spend that kind of money, I have a better deal now so I can sell at a reasonable price. The 270/277 is fairly new. As I said I never built a 277 ( have a motor on the shelf which I plan on doing one to see what it's like. at 60 I just do not like to change). The standard 360 is the best unit out there ( in my opinion). In those units I sold and I used 3 on my twins and 2 on my singles and had only 1 bad regulator which was I covered under warranty.
If anyone wants to try the 277 before I get the change email me a lets see what we can do.

This seems like an excellent deal on a minimum electrics bike. 100 watts ain't a lot.

The 277 are 100w but the standard ones are 180w.. but how much power do you need to run a head and taillight.

Back