clutch thrust washer spec needed

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
has anyone got a clutch washer handy that they could measure for me please. I need the ID and the OD of the first washer that is placed against the bearing before the larger thrust washer which is 25x50x2mm .

I believe it is identical to the valve seat washer in all respects but perhaps someone could verify that for me too please.

Attachments

• 1305.jpg
    1305.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 502
Hey, peanut. If you're talking about washer #5 in your revised clutch parts pic, I believe it's supposed to be:

35 x 50 x 1.0mm

Which is much larger than a valve spring washer.

Attachments

• XS650F-ClutchAssy.jpg
    XS650F-ClutchAssy.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 692
Hey, peanut. If you're talking about washer #5 in your revised clutch parts pic, I believe it's supposed to be:

35 x 50 x 1.0mm

Which is much larger than a valve spring washer.

sorry 2m my arrow was a bit ambiguous .
its the small washer that goes against the bearing cage which the bronze bush bears on .

I believe that RG has the dimensions correct ? although 35mm OD looks too large to me ?
the ID will be similar to the ID of the bronze bush and slightly larger than the gear shaft journal it sits on so 25mm sounds about right .

Last edited:
sorry 2m my arrow was a bit ambiguous .
its the small washer that goes against the bearing cage which the bronze bush bears on .

I believe that RG has the dimensions correct ? although 35mm OD looks too large to me ?
the ID will be similar to the ID of the bronze bush and slightly larger than the gear shaft journal it sits on so 20mm sounds about right .

I don't see where you get 20 mm from?

That first washer has to slide on over the transmission shaft,and the shaft od is about 25 mm. So the 25.1 mm id of the washer is the correct size.

Last edited:
...the ID will be similar to the ID of the bronze bush and slightly larger than the gear shaft journal it sits on so 20mm sounds about right .

25mm.

The specs I have for the sleeve bushing:

Spacer shaft: ID = 0.979", OD = 1.376", Width = 1.181"
Spacer shaft: ID = 24.9mm, OD = 34.95mm, Width = 30mm

25mm.

The specs I have for the sleeve bushing:

Spacer shaft: ID = 0.979", OD = 1.376", Width = 1.181"
Spacer shaft: ID = 24.9mm, OD = 34.95mm, Width = 30mm

thank you 2M thats just what I needed . Funny how you have a copy of my assembly sequence and I couldn't find one lol.

I have been unable to locate a washer anywhere here in the UK. I'll have a looksee for washers from other contemporary makes otherwise I may have to wait for the next sizable order from Heiden Germany :thumbsup:
I only need it to shim the clutch basket off the crankcase 2mm so any washer that fits the shaft between washer 1 and 2 on my image should do fine

post script.
Found a really useful Yamaha part search tool . I can buy an identical clutch washer off a 2011 YQ50 Nitro scoot for just £0.19p whereas the same exact washer costs £6.00 for the obsolete XS650
http://www.bike-parts-yam.com/yamaha-pieces-catalogue-18516-11.html

We should start a thread of compatible parts from modern bikes and scoots that fit the XS650

Last edited:
We should start a thread of compatible parts from modern bikes and scoots that fit the XS650

This site offered cross-model references long before the big retailers.
On the tool bar click the part finding tab. Select "enter a part number".
Check the Yamaha part box, uncheck the XS11000 box.
You can choose that part only or the "similar parts" but watch the similar parts cause they can be a waste of money. An example would be the XS650 & XS1100 oil drain crush washers. The parts description is the same(similar parts) the sizing is way different.
http://xs1100.com/Links.php

Back