simplified-wiring-cap-pma-pamco-jpg.88175

simplified-wiring-cap-pma-pamco-e-advance-jpg.88176

79PointsSchematic.jpg

650wiringchoppervh0.jpg

Electric3.jpg

xs650allyears.jpg

xs650.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice ! I was just searching "wiring" to figure out what wires were for the turn signals since PO removed them

- oem alternator and pamco ignition and starter...

pamco custom wiring diagram.PNG

- oem alternator, oem ignition and starter

81 stock wiring simplified.PNG

...none of these wiring diagrams are original, i havent touched one of those in years except to take them out...im a great fan of doing them from scratch - you have to know what youre going to need so this is usually one of the last jobs unless you wish to run the cabling through the frame - here you need to do this while doing any frame modifying

- at this link you can find copies of original wiring diagrams...look for schaltplan

http://www.xs650.de/phplm/index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a set of Standard Wiring Diagrams mostly colored. Some of these may have faults so be aware. Jayel, Has supplied and converted these to a PNG image for us and the clarity is excellent
70xs1_71xs1b.PNG.. .72-xs2-circuit-diagram-b11325607311619 Colour aaaaa G Text 15 a1  RobinC.jpg74_TX650A copy.jpg fix 2.jpg d 75_76_XS650 B&C Wiring and Key Updated 3a.jpg 77_XS650D.PNG 78_XS650SE.jpg 79_XS650SF&2F.PNG 80_XS650G.PNG 81_ XS650H_SH.PNG 82_XS650SJ_SK.PNG

Go down to Jayel's post for diagrams of cable routing

Last edited:
Awesome! :thumbsup:

If you guys didn't know, large attachments will open in the "light box" in a reduced size so you can see the whole thing. It depends on your monitor resolution. Try clicking the image and it will open in your browser but most browser will also reduce large images so you'll need to click the image one more time to see it full-sized. So basically click the attachment to see it in the "light box" then click it two more times for full size. :thumbsup:

- shaas...i just collected these along the way...the real thanx belongs to those that created them, whoever they are..the nameless ones

- shaas...i just collected these along the way...the real thanx belongs to those that created them, whoever they are..the nameless ones

I remember the thread from 650Rider.com, (maybe i should say former), that the "81 simplified wiring diagram" came from and it evolved over 5 pages with Pamcopete, Jayal and RG being the main contributors

- how much of the other info do you have stored on your harddrive or on paper? - a shame to lose some of that stuff

Good stuff 650Skull! And thanks to the Pamcopete, Jayal, retiredgentleman, and anyone else who had input to that diagram or any other diagram. :thumbsup:

Still have a bit on the hard drive and did copy and past to a word document some of the info i was interested in for myself, but the info others gave in the threads i linked to the Vault or bookmarked them on my computer........didn't expect rider to fall off the planet.........dam shame about all that info.....Yamaman my have saved some

I do think a credit should be given to the owner or site the information was sourced from, courtesy really.

- agree, trouble is i was collecting it for myself not thinking that this forum would happen and then i had no idea where it came from

I think we all agree that trying to give credit when you can is a nice courtesy. Or keeping it open and saying you don't know where they came from and "let me know if you do"...

Problem is, a lot of times you may credit someone who just took them from somewhere else who took them from somewhere else who scanned them from a manual. Who gets the credit, the guy who has a scanner, the person who published the manual, or the last guy to copy them? Skull, I see even your first diagram says edited by 650motorcycles... and he must have got it from somewhere because he didn't create it from scratch since it’s an edit. So for that first image, at the minimum, the path went: publisher creates it, "bob" scans and edits, jayel saves and posts to 650 rider, you save it and post here. :shrug:

So unless it's a picture someone took, a new diagram someone drew up, or another new and original document that hasn't been whored all over the internet, I don't worry too much over trying to find the original source of something. Not trying to sound like an ass… (see the first sentence of this post) :cheers:

here's some handy diagrams for cable routing and a simple wiring dia gram laid out to a bike for those confused by regular diagrams lol

Attachments

• cable routing right side.PNG
    cable routing right side.PNG
    85.1 KB · Views: 19,939
  • cable routing left side.PNG
    cable routing left side.PNG
    100.6 KB · Views: 18,766
  • simple wiring.PNG
    simple wiring.PNG
    136.2 KB · Views: 8,465
Last edited:
Back