Got another build on my hands- CAFE?????

bobber33

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Picked up this slick 82XS today.
(will add build pics as i start it)
Thinking Cafe for this one. 2 XS bobbers is enough i guess.
The PO started to make it a tracker, but i see more of a cafe racer.
(also just a pic of the garage, i finally painted my back door red)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Definitely a cafe....but take your time with this one and go w/ top notch products. Maybe source some Ohlin rear's and some Ohlin R&T forks, Brembo's front and rear w/ monoblocks, custom Ti exhaust...I dunno what your budget is like but I think it'd be bad ass to just throw the best money could buy at it, not b/c you should, but b/c why not :)

Definitely a cafe....but take your time with this one and go w/ top notch products. Maybe source some Ohlin rear's and some Ohlin R&T forks, Brembo's front and rear w/ monoblocks, custom Ti exhaust...I dunno what your budget is like but I think it'd be bad ass to just throw the best money could buy at it, not b/c you should, but b/c why not :)

Just don't want to spend more in parts than this will ever be worth. I could jam out a cafe in 2 weeks, but if i wanna go with an inverted front end and stuff may take a bit longer. But i'll see what i can find. Definitely gonna be another sick bike thats for sure. Money is money, as long as its all worth it in the end.

Same here. I have about 3 times more in my '79 than I expected and it's still not done. Maybe I can come out on all the extra parts I bought and now am not going to use. If building these bikes was cost effective it would be a side business and not a hobby.

Love to see more cafe's! Love that FZ8 as well been looking at one since they came out but cant bring myself to write the check just yet, pretty slick bike, like the cut down look.

god, i just hate you, you lucky bastard. i saw your first video a couple months ago and i was like "oh, xs650's and operation ivy. this is something i am down with."

Found a little time today to start ripping it apart.
Nothing exciting yet but thought i'd share.

tear1.jpg

tear2.jpg

tear3.jpg

Looking for some wheel ideas for this build? anybody got any? Or have any rims to sell?

Man they have some great looking drum front wheels out there that look good on a cafe bike . 70's Suzuki 500 has a nice tls, Honda XL is decent , dont know exact models sorry. . I picked up a 72 Honda sl drum today for new project not the best looking drum but very cheap. I love a good tls drum front on a cafe. There are some nice old sportster drums too most of the wheels are 19". I bought the SL cause it was 21". the Suzuki 500 is a better looking drum in my opinion than the illusive xs650 drum and i have seen them sell for $50 -$100 on ebay. You have some nice bikes 33 I will be watching your build. Loffer.

:thumbsup:found a 19" front spoke rim to match from one of our members in the classifieds! goodbye mag wheel.

Bobber 33 your black and white xs is the reason i went with 4 inch risers and dragbars on my hardtail. All your bikes are insane. Looking forward to seeing this newer one.

Posted via Mobile

Bobber 33 your black and white xs is the reason i went with 4 inch risers and dragbars on my hardtail. All your bikes are insane. Looking forward to seeing this newer one.

Posted via Mobile

funny... the only reason i did that was because i had them left over from a Harley i did.
But they clear the tank and do the job.
Honestly i love the feel of the "evil twin" with the keystones and lower risers. but the Cole Foster tank sits so low and forward i had a small problem with clearance. Actually i had to weld fork stoppers on the frame so the springer didn't hit it when turned all the way.
Either way.... thanks for the good words.

This new bike will be nice for sure. Still ordering parts at this point. But i'll bang it out by August i'm sure.
:D

Back