forks

1. C

For Sale - 35mm forks

Bought these lowers and internals from a member on here back in February and got a good deal. A few weeks ago I bought a parts lot that wound up including a shaved set with good chrome tubes. I already had brand new chromes and springs, so I’d like to pass on the good deals and offer up these...
  2. R

General Fork Questions (1980 Special)

So I finally got around to rebuilding my forks - 1980 XS650 Special - and I was wondering how much fork oil I need, what type, what torques for various things, etc?
  3. B

Moto iron/Tcbros Springer front end caliper

Hey there, I’ve got the forks mentioned in the title, but the calliper from Tc bro’s seems a little pricey (for Canadian) but I don’t know how to find out which other callipers work. Does anybody know any calipers which will work that might be a little cheaper?
  4. Stunnedbanana

Wanted - Forks for 1970 XS-1

Looking for forks for a 1970 XS-1...fender too.
  5. Muckroot

Wanted - 34mm fork lowers or whole forks

Hello, I am looking for a nice set of fork lowers for a chopper project. I already have stanchions and all the bits including the trees and caliper, however I am willing to pay the extra for a complete set of forks if the lowers are in really tip-top shape (with consideration to their age)...
  6. Muckroot

Which pads for unknown calipers?

I have a caliper assembly that fits the 34mm forks I'm running on my hardtail project. I cant figure out which pads to get from mikes though, because two of the options have key tabs on them. can anyone eyeball this caliper and let me know which of these two sets of pads is the correct set...
  7. Muckroot

unknown Wheel identification

Hello, Bit of a newbie question but I recently bought an 1975 XS650B and subsequently discovered that the forks that were installed on the bike were XS400 forks, and totally don't fit the bike (the stem is too short). Because of this I've gone ahead and bought 34MM forks from a fellow forum...
  8. Muckroot

"Used" Forks - need opinions

Hello, I am talking with a guy in virginia about a set of forks he's got for (we think) an XS650. I'm interested in using just the forks, triple tree, bar clamps, and axle. I won't be using the fender, wheel, bars, or headlight brackets. I might use the hand controls but I haven't decided yet...
  9. Muckroot

Fork identification & rebuild help

Hello, I have a set of forks I'm trying to rebuild and I've got a bit of a quandary. I purchased this set of forks with my XS650 under the assumption that they were XS650 forks but that does not appear to be the case! 5twins suggested in another thread that they may be from an XS500 given that...
  10. Muckroot

limping with stock forks - or worth the rebuild?

Hello folks, I've got me heart set on a nice set of TCBros front springer forks. the construction looks super solid from their video, and they come with lots of support in terms of calipers, bar mounts, and all that rigamarole. the trouble is, with all this corona quarantine happening i am...
  11. Lost Cause

What is required to extend the front forks.

I did a quick google search before posting and am here just to confirm. QUESTION 1 When it comes extending your front forks (assuming they do not go so far as to run out your cables) you need. -Extended fork tubes -Spacers to make up the gap for the springs, created by the longer fork tubes...
  12. T

Top bearing set bottom race

Hello! I am new to this thread as of about 5 minutes ago, I've had a great time working on my first build with my 81 xs650 but have run into what I hope is just a small hiccup.. I'm installing moto Iron springer forks, and have everything removed and ready except for the bottom race of the...
  13. S

Please help! Front Fork Identification!?

Hey guys, New here. Not really sure who to ask about this, but I bought a set of Yamaha R6 front forks for $150. Supposed to be 2006 R6. Came with the forks, wheels, calipers and all. Only thing missing was the triple tree. So I ordered a used one off line for a 2003 R6. They don’t fit. The...
  14. GeorgeOC

Make Offer - SOLD -34mm Forks Trees Hardware and Caliper

Make an offer, looking to find a good home for a set of 34mm forks and trees. These are in good shape, but not museum grade. Missing a few nuts and bolts for the upper trees. Not pictured, but included are: - HL ear hardware - Handlebar studs / mounting pins - 100% functional / refinished 2...
  15. gggGary

The great o-ring, seal, gasket, nut, bolt, sizes used on the XS650 thread.

BS34 carbs Throttle shaft seal Suzuki part # 13651-51010 SEAL I replaced the butterfly shaft seals with these Suzuki seals they fit perfectly. Cost a dollar less than the Yamaha seal ..... https://www.partzilla.com/product/suzuki/13651-51010 5twins tip BS34 mix screws 1mm thick x 3mm I.D...
  16. eyewinder

Opinions please - are these fork tubes trash?

Been working on a fork overhaul and it turns out my stanchion tubes are in worse condition than expected. I suspect it's not worth cleaning and filling the corroded areas, but would like some other opinions. Pictured are the worst sections from each tube. Some loose material was removed from...
  17. D

Minton Mod damper rod problem/question...

Hi group for a long time I've thought about what to do on my RD250, decided to do the Minton Mod and after the ordeal of removing the lower bolt (tip: I used a 12 volt impact gun and it was easy). I bought a little Harbor freight drill press - like device for my battery drill.. I took the forks...
  18. Motorbreath22

F4i Front End Swap / need R6, Vstrom and Bandit 1200 measurements

I'm working on swapping out forks to CBR F4i 43mm forks. F4i forks are readily available, they are lighter, stiffer and are cartridge forks instead of dampening rods. I have been working on cross referencing stuff for a while now. And would like to make another post with all the info I've...
  19. 82xsHeritage

Wondering about front end replacement and possible upgrade

So, I made the mistake of letting my friend rip my bike in a parking lot and he ended up in the bushes after about 10 seconds of glory. I've uploaded some photos of the damage, but as far as I can tell the lower front forks are toast, gas tank is obviously dented, and front fender is bent. I...
  20. J

For Sale - tx650 engine

I have a tx650 engine that has good compression but is missing the points covers and the majority of the points components, it has the compression release on it which from what I have read makes it a 73 if im not mistaken, I also have a front end minus the top clamp I have a set of mag wheels...
Back