frame

1. R

Frame Search

Hey All, I picked up this beuti this summer for my winter project! The only issue is I can not find this frame anywhere in internet land. Does anyone have any info on the frame? It is too clean to be a home build and has a VIN number starting with 512 Thanks for any help Ricky Bobby PS -...
  2. Muckroot

cleaning up a mutilated frame

Hello all, I know it's near sacrilege to chop up an old XS frame, but I felt this frame was a good candidate because when I bought it it had already had some of the seat pan chopped off, as well as some of the frame around the swing arm though I can't say for sure what those frame bits did...
  3. Muckroot

Top mount purposes?

I'm wondering what two of the three top mounts do on the 1975 XS-B frame. I know the #1 mount is the top motor mount, and just has a bracket that bolts to the top of the engine, nothing fancy. and I'm pretty sure the #2 mount is for the two top ignition coils, but I can't for the life of me...
  4. Christine79xs

Wanted - Monstercraftsman brat kit

Looking for a monstercraftsman brat kit, with or without seat... anyone have one lying around :)
  5. R

Wanted - Stock or Hardtailed Frame

Just got an XS650 in a parts lot I acquired but the frame that it came in is trashed from someone previously trying to modify it. I also have a hardtail rear section that is good. I am looking for either a stock front loop I can weld my hardtail to or an already hardtailed frame someones not...
  6. WPGxs650_brat

Rear Brake Master Cylinder mounts

Question, For for my build, my frame (78' XS650) started off with disk rear for brakes. I now have a switched to drum (I have a drum swing arm.) I am now left with the ugly rear master cylinder mounts (see picture.) So my question to the guru's is; Are the Rear Brake Master Cylinder mounts...
  7. 79josh81

Question about lifting/stabilizing bike for hardtail

So I plan on hardtailing my 79' xs650 soon. I'll be installing a TC hardtail and I'm trying to figure out the best way to lift and secure the frame so I can remove everything but the engine for cutting the back half off and tack welding the hardtail in place. The issue is that if I use my...
  8. N

XS650 Bobber - Frame

Hello, I am 100% new to this website and wasn't able to locate what I am seeking; hence creating a brand new thread. First off, my apologies if someone has already answered this or started a thread. Looking to find a fabricator in Metro Vancouver Area, BC, Canada who is able to work with me to...
  9. T

For Sale - Hard Tail Frame

Hard Tail Frame for sale Don't know who made the hard tail. But, it looks like a quality product. Frame is bare. No carbs. No electronics. Has bad rotor. Good compression. I was told by PO that it did run. With motor $150 Without motor $100 Local pick up only NO TITLE **Disregard date stamp...
  10. abyssmaltailgate

Wanted - Frame w/ or w/o Title

I'm looking for an unmodified, uncut XS650 swing arm frame for a resto/mod. I am happy to buy a frame with or without a title. The more original, the better. I've got a motor I plan on dropping in it with '79-'80 XS-SG crankcases so a contemporary frame/fit is preferred, but I do not believe...
  11. surfsup

Rear Seat Hoop Build

Hey y'all. So I'm aware of the Dime City Cycle Upswept Hoop: https://www.dimecitycycles.com/dcc-originals-diy-custom-rear-tail-hoop-for-large-cc-motorcycles.html How would something like this compare...
  12. SixxxFiddy

For Sale - Hardtailed XS650 Frame

1979 XS650 Frame w/ a TC Bros. hardtail & powder coat in decent shape. Comes with rear axle/nut and a bill of sale (out of the DMV system). Can include motor mounts & hardware as well. Located in SoCal. $500 OBO
  13. C

Anyone have a C&J, Cheney, Champion etc. race frame?

Can anyone get me the steering neck tube length and diameter? I'm getting ready to start (re-start actually) the frame for my xs650 and I'm trying to decide what size to machine my steering neck. There are a lot of race triple clamps sized to fit the big name dirt track frames, so I figure using...
  14. C

Anyone have a C&J, Cheney, Champion etc. frame?

Can anyone get me the steering neck tube length and diameter? I'm getting ready to start (re-start actually) the frame for my xs650 and I'm trying to decide what size to machine my steering neck. There are a lot of race triple clamps sized to fit the big name dirt track frames, so I figure using...
  15. rowdyrandy

For Sale - 75' xs650b Custom

n/a
  16. roadstar06

raer rim again...

hey guys, so ,I have the bike on home-made work bench finally (back can't take the bending to ground) I have to re-visit the back rim again because I notice caliper mount is rubbing on rotor. this can't be right! I took caliper out of mount and rotor is clearly touching top of mount. WHY? not a...
  17. Dale Harris

Sold / Found / Inactive - '82 heritage special rolling chassis

Sold
  18. M

For Sale - Chop Source Frame Jig Kit XS650(craigslist ad)

For Sale in the Eastern Pandhandle of West Virginia. Please read the ad before responding. Thank you. http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/mpo/5916793072.html
  19. tyzharley

For Sale - 1980 Custom Bobber XS650 + Frame Jig

I am selling my 1980 XS650 Custom Bobber. It has two seat option. I am also including the Frame Jig that I also built. My number is 719 433-0235. I am asking $3000 for both. Need to sell due to family health issue. Runs and drives Great!
  20. pckopp

Engine out of frame

I have looked through the Tech sections and I don't see a reference to this. I have the frame stripped with only the engine left to remove. Carbs are off, top mount removed. I would like to lay it down, disconnect the mounts and then pick up the frame minus the engine. Some questions: 1. Left...
Back