paint

1. T

Painting Helmets???

Hey everyone, New to the forum. I just bought a Daytona helmet and decided to go to town with Paint marker on it my first attempt, currently not finished but here's what I'm doing. The paint markers are not the finest tip to draw with. Has anyone else used Paint marker? or done there own...
  2. Muckroot

Soda blasting late year case - some thoughts

Hello all, I have a 1975 XS-B that I am rebuilding, but unfortunately the case was unusable. Gary Hoos from Hoos racing (http://www.hoosracing.com) sent me a XS-J case for the cost of shipping. An absolute saint, I must say. Anyway, I decided to try and remove the black case paint from the...
  3. eight0

Finally finished my XS2

Well, I have finally finished my XS2.. (I say that but are we ever finished). I've fitted indicators and mirrors since taking these pictures as riding in London whilst holding your arms out isn't fun. the last picture what it looked like when I got it. .
  4. T

Crank Cases: paint inside Vs paintless and oil impregnation.

Yamaha put a thin coat of paint inside the cases, if it's removed should it be replaced? Looking for opinions and thoughts on this and whether oil impregnation is an issue or not if there's no paint inside.
  5. B Burdine97

xs650 Engine Painting Questions

I have my engine all torn apart and I plan on soda blasting and painting parts of it and I have a few questions about the topic. I plan to paint everything black but the cylinder jugs. If I soda blast the jugs and do not paint them, should I hit them with some sort of clear coat to keep them...
  6. Giant Red Devil 81 XS650SH

Giant Red Devil 81 XS650SH

My custom chopper, 2+ years in the making. Started full stock all-original, barn find. The only thing 100% original left is the clutch lever. :-) 19" total stretch with hard-tail, gooseneck and 45-degree rake custom springer.
  7. gggGary

Are mikesXS black rims paint or powdercoat?

that's my question of the day. :)
  8. S

Gas tank clear coat

Im working on my gas tank, i stripped all the paint and gave a rough look with sandpaper and i want to keep the raw metal look but I would like to clear coat it to protect it from rust. I read a few threads about this SprayMax 2000. Can i use that? Or do you guys recommend anything else for just...
  9. Y

Engine painting

hey guys and gals, I successfully tore down the motor and case. I'm about to start soda blasting it clean. Once done should I reassemble and then paint or paint before reassemble? :D:thumbsup:
  10. T

looking for a specific powdercoat color called CNH Dark Grey

Hey all as my post says im looking for a powdercoat color called CNH dark grey. its a case new holland color for tractors. i can find it in a box of 50 pounds but obviously dont need 50 pounds of it. If anyone knows where i can get it in a smaller quantity of about 5 pounds or so or knows a...
  11. zeroxs650

Question on painting

I went to YouTube to try and get my question answered and did not find a definitive answer, I applied the final coat to several pcs of the bike, do I sand it before I clear coat? I have applied several coats and have sanded between coats and would think you would NOT sand before clearing...
  12. J

Need help with paint

I'm going to paint the tank on my xs with Roth rattle can flake. I'm going to put a painted stripe down the middle of the tank and a tuning fork logo decal on the sides. I've never done this before so what I'm wondering is how long do I wait in between base coats and flake coats? Then how...
  13. D

Hi Temp engine paint...

Afternoon (in London!), chaps! am just about to get my barrels back from rebore and hone and new pistons...and while the jugs are off the motor, i was thinking about painting them black... they're reasonably clean already but will give them a jolly old scrub in the nooks and crannies with a...
  14. sweet_ride_55

Engine paint source for 1980 xs650SG

Hello, I'm on to another XS650 project, I found a nice 1980 XS650SG pretty original bike. I am looking for advice on touch-up silver engine paint. The paint is for the head, cylinders and engine case. Spray can preferred. Thanks, Sweet_ride_55
  15. A

2016 SR400, still looking great

A link to the Norwegian Importer page: http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/no/produkter/motorsykler/sport-heritage/sr400.aspx In Yamaha racing colors straight from the factory, and looking a lot better than the XSR700 and 900, IMHO. The engine is now a 400, basically a shorter stroke 500, so not...
  16. fredintoon

Yamahumph tank decal

You know the one I mean; a tank decal that sez Yamaha in a swoopy script just like on a Triumph badge. Does anyone have a link to whoever makes them?
  17. topshelf333

79 XS650 Hardtail build

Hey guys, Just thought i would post some pictures of my current build progress as it stands. I have been so busy between my day job, and in the powder booth, that i haven't had any time to work on my bike until this last week. Finally got the rear fender mostly mounted up. Spent a fair...
  18. T

looking into buying some pinstripe gear

I would really like to start pinstriping and have been looking at all the different brushs, kits, and everything else that pops up in the search bar. my question would be what would be essential for a beginner. Any advice or suggestions on what to buy right off the bat would be great. thank you.
  19. marp68

aluminium corrosion

I usually have the bike indoors in a warm place. This is what happened after having it outside for a week under a bike cover. :yikes: It rained some times during this time, but it stood on pebbles/sand. Has anyone experienced this? I disconnected the battery and after a few weeks now it's the...
  20. A

anyone use tan or dark brown leather om their cafe seats/grips?

I am wondering if anyone has went with a tan or dark brown leather on the seat and/ or grips with the red/white paint combo? I am wondering how that looks. I am thinking of making. My color scheme black for most every thing except the paint(frame,engine covers and possibly wheels also(. I really...
Back