tires

1. Melmwood

Sold / Found / Inactive - New Tires: Shinko E804 (front) and Heidenau K60 (rear) set

I have a set of tires for anyone looking for a set of scrambler/dual sport rubber. I put these exact tires on my build. The tire vendor sent me two sets of each and didn't want the extras back, so I'm looking to move the extra set on to someone who can use them. • Front Tire: Shinko E804...
  2. M

Tire Recommendations? Daily Functionality, Vintage Look. 83 Heritage Special

Hihi. I need some new tires for my newly acquired 83 Heritage special and I'm looking for some recommendations--whether type or vendor. Manual specified sizes: Front: 3.50s 19-4PR (not seeing a lot in this size so far... Rear: 130/90-16 67s Specifies tube type tire next to both. Spoked...
  3. Grimmith

Make Offer - Filters, Stands, Tires, Rims

Parts came off 1980 xs650 special. Center stand has spring Tires and rims are in great condition, -19" x 2.15" front -16" x 3" rear tires were only used for just a few out of town trips, (under an hour) Rims are equally as great, couldn't find any dings in the rims big enough to even be...
  4. Grimmith

Wanted - Race Tires xs650 special

I'm having quite a difficult time to find race tred and rims for my 1980 special, it has the 3" x 16" rear rim. is there any way to fit a smaller width of a tire on the rear, such as a 2.5" by 16"
  5. M

Street tracker tires??

Duro, Maxis, etc. Can anyone give me some direction which way to go with tires for my '83 XS650 street tracker? Want it to look authentic but tire quality is most important (I hate to fall). 19 in the front, 18 in the rear. Wheels are off a 77 XS I think. Thanks for the help!! Mark C
  6. eyewinder

Avon Roadriders on a Special?

I'm looking for sizing and performance feedback from anyone running Avon AM26 Roadriders – particularly on a Special... After a bunch of reading, it's become clear that labeled tire sizes can vary a great deal from the actual measurements. Avon's apparently run on the wide side. My primary...
  7. Hosk Engineering

79 XS650 Tire Recomendations

What are the best tires for my 79 XS650. The front tire is a 90/16 6711 3.50 H19 RB2 and the Back Tire is a 130/90-16 67H. I've found some close but not exact.
  8. B

For Sale - Drilled Mags with Knobbies

Mags from a 1980. Tires have 0 miles on them. Front- Bridgestone Trail Wing 39 90/100-19 Rear Duro Median 130/90-16 $200 takes it all I have rotors and a sprocket I'll throw in for $20 extra. Pick up in Kansas City
  9. JaxShane650

Tire Recommendations For a 1980 XS650G

I have a 1980 XS650G that is in need of a new set of tires. Front tire - 100/90-19 Rear tire - 130/90-16 I was looking at 80% 20% dual sport tires, but there are not many options for 16 inch and 19 inch rims. Most of the other dual sport tires I was looking at were 60% 40% and I am just looking...
  10. L

Possible alternative to Firestone Champion Deluxe tires

Does anyone have experience with these Allstate safety tread tires? http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/safety-tread-4-5-18-inch-motorcycle-tire.html The price is definitely higher than the Firestones but I can't find any reviews on them. Thoughts?
  11. L

Firestone champion deluxe tires

I've heard both good and bad reviews on these tires, any opinions? I'll be running these on stock 78' spoked wheels (18" rear and 19" front). I'm wondering if a 4.00x19 front and 4.50x18 rear will have any clearance issues with the frame/forks or if they will be too large for the stock...
  12. M

Looking for some functionality with flavor

I know the vintage firestones get a really bad rap. I am looking for a vintage look for a build right now and looking for a tire with some character. I like the Duro HF308 and am wondering what the general take on these tires are, especially compared with the firestones.
  13. G

Looking to update tires to vintage oversize. Help!

Hey guys. I'm trying to finish my cafe project up before the spring is out and am trying to figure out what tire sizes to get while my bike is at paint. I'm looking to get some vintage tires and like the look of the filled up forks and rear. Just wondering what sizes to look at. I'm using...
  14. G

Pirelli vs Shinko

Time to get new tires and I'm looking for some suggestions. Does anyone have experience with Shinko and Pirelli? Can't decide between these two brand tires. Any thoughts about their tread wear and road performance. Price is not a big problem since 4WO-Motorcycle Accessories is offering me a...
  15. M

Coker Firestone Tire Size

hello, I am looking for purchase coker firestone tires for my 83 heritage special. I looked up the tire specs and what i found is the front tire is 3.50-19 and the rear is 4.00-18. The tires i found were both 4.00-19 and 4.00-18. My question is it ok that the front be .50 wider than what...
  16. S

Suggestions on tires?

Looking to get some new tires and would prefer whitewalls but I don't see many options. I bought Shinko 777 130/90/16 and the rear tire is hitting the brake stay bar and swing arm. If you have any suggestions that would fit a 79 special cruiser that would be greatly appreciated.
  17. J

Can anyone tell me what kind of tire this is?

I like the look of this tire and just started to rebuild my xs and am looking to put something dual purpose on it, does anyone have any idea what kind of tire this is?
  18. J

What size tire is this?

I looking for some tires excatly like this. I email the monstercraftsmen guy several times asking them what sizes these were and nobody ever got back to me. Anyone wanna take a stab at it. I'm also looking for the correct tube size as well. Thanks a million fellas!
  19. M

Tire Rec

Have a 1973 street legal tracker with Kendas, front and rear. Live in the mountains of NE GA. Upgrading brakes to Brembo and would like some performance tires. Running wire 19/18 inch wheels. Any recommendations? Thanks.
  20. S

Online source for RWL tires, '79 650 w/ 19" & 16" wheels

Hey folks, my 650 is coming along finally and I'm looking ahead to tires once the ones that it's rolling on are done. Looking for Raised White Letters. Having trouble finding Dunlop Qualifiers, K70s, or Bridgestone BT45 with Raised Whites. Any tips? I've checked lots of stores and can't...
Back