bobber

1. Walters_Gallery

For Sale - 1984-87 yamaha xv700 virago custom rear wheel

This is a custom rear wheel set up that I had a shop put together to put on my xs750 but I think the project is more trouble than it's worth. I do also have the drum brake set up with rear axle nut. Testing out the waters for right now Specs: - Converted 15" OEM wheel to a H-18x2.15" - 36...
  2. OldBlue

For Sale - 1971 / 74 Rephased Chopper Build - Moving to Alaska Sale

Images of Bike Extra Parts Images For sale is a beautiful, near new, rephased Yamaha 650 XS that has been opened up to 700. Moving to Alaska and cant take it with. Modifications include Huges Handbuilt Rephased motor (https://www.hughshandbuilt.com/services/rephased-xs650-components/) Bored...
  3. Tlted_Jelli

1983 XS650 New Owner and That Famous Whirring Sound

Hello All, Just recently purchased a 1983 XS650 that had been converted to a hardtail bobber here is South Jersey. No idea how many miles are on the bike. So far as I can tell it has an XS PMA Charge System and a Pamco Ignition installed with the mechanical auto-advancer. Looks like the frame...
  4. J

Rear brake resevoir placement

So im gonna be making s bracket to hold my rear res since it's been fitted with a rear disk instead of drum , but I'm wanting to try my best to hide or cover the res cause tbh it's God damn ugly where it is atm , any ideas of placement ir things you've done
  5. CWebbie78

Hello, I havent been an active member here just a longtime lurker. I have a couple of XS650s that I started building about 5 or 6 years ago, one is hardtailed and the other is a street tracker. The rigid bike was just a rubbermaid tub full of "XS650 Parts" that I bought on Craigslist for $250. I...
  6. Bjorn

For Sale - Complete XS front end incl. Modern Brembo brake setup (plug&play) €450

Hi! Tinkering is in my blood and since my XS now has a front end of a R6, my old setup is available. I have ran this setup for > 5 years without any issues. I ran it with XS spoked wheels, cast might work, not sure. It includes the following: Late XS forks including triple clamps XS axle...
  7. B

1978 xs650 "build" work in progress

Helloo there. I have been eyeballing xs650's for quite some time and the wife finally let me pull the trigger on one and what did I do? yep, I stripped it all down and chopped the back of the frame. HAHA It's a terrible feeling let me tell you. I immediately searched craigslist to reassure...
  8. Renegade Offroad

My 1st XS650 after falling in love 10yrs ago!

This is how I picked her up!
  9. ORIGIN_G80

Worth Saving?

Greetings all, I recently acquired my very first motorcycle. A 1980 Yamaha XS650. Don't know anything else about only what the title says. No keys. No idea how many miles on it since speedy/techo is missing. No idea when was the last time it ran or even started. Somewhere along the way someone...
  10. 6

Hardtail - Need some advice on order of doing things.

I'm finally getting ready to actually strip my bike down. Picture attached. It's a running, all original '78 Special. I'm going to be hardtailing this. Here are the details of what I'm doing: - Voodoo hardtail - Hugh's complete CDI kit - Converting to no battery - kick only - Simple harness...
  11. RustiePyles

Mannulus Mechanica (build thread)

Just getting started on this bobber build, got ahold of frame (someone else welded the TC Bros HT on it) and a couple of motors I'm going to be building a bobber out of. Just picked up some wheels from Jim (big thanks) today so its officially a motorcycle and not just random piles of parts in my...
  12. ol_crusty

STRUTLESS REAR FENDER MOUNTS?

Hey y'all. I forgot I made an account in this forum a while ago and my responses on reddit have been sparse. Figured I'd come to the place that seems to be interested. I made this post on reddit yesterday. Just copied it over. Any help/ input would be appreciated. : "STRUTLESS REAR FENDER...
  13. Muckroot

limping with stock forks - or worth the rebuild?

Hello folks, I've got me heart set on a nice set of TCBros front springer forks. the construction looks super solid from their video, and they come with lots of support in terms of calipers, bar mounts, and all that rigamarole. the trouble is, with all this corona quarantine happening i am...
  14. YouTube

YouTube

Just a few things I worked with. Can't wait till I'm able to afford better bits and tools in the future for this stuff.
  15. Muckroot

cleaning up a mutilated frame

Hello all, I know it's near sacrilege to chop up an old XS frame, but I felt this frame was a good candidate because when I bought it it had already had some of the seat pan chopped off, as well as some of the frame around the swing arm though I can't say for sure what those frame bits did...
  16. N

For Sale - Vintage bobber solo seat

classic vintage solo seat. Leather is in great shape. Asking 45.00 shipped
  17. Grimmith

GAS TANK RUST REMOVAL

I can now remove as much rust as possible through Electrolysis, which is using water and electricity. It's a 1-3 day process depending on how well you want it done. It can take up to 5 days, really depending on how bad it is inside. I can only do one tank at a time for now, until I'm able to get...
  18. Grimmith

For Sale - RUST REMOVAL for Motorcycle Gas Tanks

I can now remove as much rust as possible through Electrolysis, which is using water and electricity. It's a 1-3 day process depending on how well you want it done. It can take up to 5 days, really depending on how bad it is inside. I can only do one tank at a time for now, until I'm able to get...
  19. 79josh81

I just realized I can't make money building bikes.

The title says it all. lol So since I just finished my new bike, I started throwing around the idea of selling the bobber in my profile pic that I finished this past December because I would like to get a used fishing boat for my family. The way I look at it is that I can always build another...
  20. chewblanca

Sold / Found / Inactive - 1980 XS650 Bobber

1980 XS650 Bobber $2250 Located in Central Wisconsin Mods: Sportster Tank Bobbed rear fender Hugh's Hand Built Battery-less Permanent Magnet Alternator Hugh's Speedo Eliminator Hugh's 2 inch fork lowering kit 1 piece clutch rod XS Performance Digital Ignition Mike's XS 21inch Front Wheel...
Back