custom

1. Walters_Gallery

For Sale - 1984-87 yamaha xv700 virago custom rear wheel

This is a custom rear wheel set up that I had a shop put together to put on my xs750 but I think the project is more trouble than it's worth. I do also have the drum brake set up with rear axle nut. Testing out the waters for right now Specs: - Converted 15" OEM wheel to a H-18x2.15" - 36...
  2. B

New to me basket case.

I just acquired a Yamaha chop. It was mostly assembled. After disassembling I noticed the “custom” hard tail was out of plumb almost an inch. I lopped off the rear section and purchased a tc bros hard tail. The cover bracket on the backbone where the top section of the hard tail Mates to the...
  3. Bjorn

For Sale - Complete XS front end incl. Modern Brembo brake setup (plug&play) €450

Hi! Tinkering is in my blood and since my XS now has a front end of a R6, my old setup is available. I have ran this setup for > 5 years without any issues. I ran it with XS spoked wheels, cast might work, not sure. It includes the following: Late XS forks including triple clamps XS axle...
  4. Repo Man

For Sale - Aluminum motor mounts for the XS650!

Now Available!!! Custom aluminum front motor mount kit for the 1974 and up XS650! I’ve been making and selling Aluminum rear mounts for two years and people have asked for a front version, here’s an idea I came up with... Simple and waaaay cooler then the fugly factory mount, consists of 6...
  5. LJCrofton

Custom cases

I’m sure this has been addressed many times, and I’m new to this forum. I’m looking for the custom cases that I’ve seen in some pictures on the Facebook page. On both sides, and I’m adding one example in an attached photo.
  6. Melmwood

My Build: A Pandemic Project

I have no idea why I didn't track my build real-time this summer, but better late than never (I suppose) to put my build out here in case it helps someone along the way on theirs. Like everyone, the pandemic shut down a lot of the places I'd socially spend my time - in my case, the biggest...
  7. MadMax1996

New license Old bike New passion New member

Howdy folks, Glad to see there's what appears to be a bunch of people from all over the world who share the same money pit of a hobby I'm falling into. I'm here to soak up just about everything there can be known about my new passion in bike restoration. Specifically regarding my 1975...
  8. barkface5000

Chopping someone else's chopper

I found a project I picked up a few months ago that already had a hardtail welded on and was looking to switch it up a bit to have it suit the style I was interested in. This is my first rebuild project and while I'm willing to put in (and already have) countless hours into it, I've run into a...
  9. Lickfold

Help me with my Built dream project bike 1972 XS2650

Hey Xs's dependant people i'm Lickfold 28 years young new member from Portugal and here's my project as detailed as i can so hopefully you wizards can think with me and help me achieve less wrenches and more km's ! -1972 XS2 650 - HISTORY-> It's been 3 years of a love affair... Scrapyard...
  10. Muckroot

limping with stock forks - or worth the rebuild?

Hello folks, I've got me heart set on a nice set of TCBros front springer forks. the construction looks super solid from their video, and they come with lots of support in terms of calipers, bar mounts, and all that rigamarole. the trouble is, with all this corona quarantine happening i am...
  11. Muckroot

cleaning up a mutilated frame

Hello all, I know it's near sacrilege to chop up an old XS frame, but I felt this frame was a good candidate because when I bought it it had already had some of the seat pan chopped off, as well as some of the frame around the swing arm though I can't say for sure what those frame bits did...
  12. Muckroot

John's Oil cooler questions

I saw Johns post regarding adding an oil cooler from the larger displacement Yamaha's of the day to the 650, and I've been absolutely determined to do the same to my bike so I can take it all over the states and possibly down through Mexico with less chance of breaking down during long rides...
  13. J

For Sale - LOOKING FOR ALL THINGS HUGHES FOR NEW BUILD!

Hit me up with what you've got, and I'm VERY interested! email or pm me!
  14. Suicide Shifter

Suicide Shifter

My Japanese bike has a Japanese katana shifter lol A guy from a local MC says " you are now forever known as the samurai" lol
  15. 79josh81

I just realized I can't make money building bikes.

The title says it all. lol So since I just finished my new bike, I started throwing around the idea of selling the bobber in my profile pic that I finished this past December because I would like to get a used fishing boat for my family. The way I look at it is that I can always build another...
  16. MadeThatMyself

" Made that there myself..." Bobber Build Thread

DISCLAIMER: Armed with a bottom of the barrel flux core welder and a dream, I scavenged Craigslist to find an XS650 bobber project for my first motorcycle build. This is my story.... Picked this baby up for $1500 cold hard american cash. PO had it running (barely) but it was in need of a ton of...
  17. Grimmith

For Sale - XS650 Oil Filter Cap

This cap came off the 74 TX 650 engine. Relief Engraving all done by hand. Make an offer?
  18. denisducati750

Rookie Exhaust Effort

Well I’ve decided to have a crack at building my own custom exhaust. Rough going with a new MIG and lots of thinking tIme but enjoying the challenge. Tried this 2 into 1 merge bit and feel I can do it - but will re-do tomorrow leaving the cut ends a bit longer so the down pips are better spaced. D
  19. Bike Cap

Bike Cap

My custom made cover for my OEM gas cap, no harm done to the original. I can make custom ones for you to a point. Still don't have much for materials.
  20. T

Stuck and need help

In shop class this year I decided on building a motorcycle. After shopping around here in Michigan I came up with a 1973 xs650 engine. The engine has great compression and looks to be in running condition. The motor is now in the frame but I have absolutely no electrical parts. I've looked...
Back