gauges

1. LA_Rider

Cool Website...

Newbie here...I am very happy to have found this excellent XS650 website. I just learned that I could have repaired the speedo & tach dials on my XS650E and would have saved a hundred eBay bucks for a used cluster. I bought a instrument cluster, the vendor ID'd as a 650 cluster, but its not...
  2. 650Skull

Gauge Repair/Refurbish-Yamaha XS/TX 70-83 Gauge Repair..........Honda 70/71 750/4-KO

This thread covers all Yamaha XS650 Gauges from 1970 - 1984....... Honda 70/71 750/4 KO post #8 .....by WideAWAKE Parts Semantic 78-83 Specials 74-83 Bezel removal 1 This should be done on a soft surface so no damage will be done to the paint or metal ring. I used a folder that had a lot of...
  3. willis

Gauge/Instrument cluster ideas

In the slow process of customizing my '78 special with a tracker/scrambler look and I am trying to decide what gauges I want to run. Stock, mini, tach only..... etc.... I'd like to see some pictures of different gauge configurations people are running. I currently have a 5 3/4 headlight, but...
  4. gggGary

Make Offer - Stock Gauges, sets and parts

75 and up gauges, some standards and some specials. if asking please use odometer reading to ID the set you are talking about. That one set of special gauges is REALLY nice, shows 5K will include the better silk screen indicator panel below it. thinking $100 for those, others priced downwards...
  5. G

Looking to get 2.5" mini tach. Ratio?

Hey guys. I'm looking to get a 2.5" mini tach from dimecity. I'll be putting it on my stock '79 XS. Wondering what ratio to get? Looking to use the stock cable. Lemme know guys! Thanks! Garrett
  6. G

Cafe Gauages. Help a young padawan.

Hey ya'll. Cafe-ing my 79 XS out and and am wondering which gauges ya'll are using and your opinions. I am thinking small (>3") gauges. A mph and tach. Brands and suggested mounting schemes are helpful. I would like to have them in line or above the triple clamp. Thanks! -Garrett
  7. S

mini gauges

Looking to put chrome mini speedo and tach on the tracker. Anyone know where to find them and what are the ratios needed:shrug:thanks
  8. M

Removing stock gauge cluster??

I currently have 2 running bikes and that is 1 too many so I have decided to bob out one of them ( always tinkering) I was just wondering from those of you who have done this is there any wires that I need to jump to make sure the bike still runs? Also is it necessary to but the tach block off...
  9. B

New mini tachometer not working

I got a new mini speedo and tach for my project from partsnmore (which by the way has these for $32 apiece). I got it all hooked up but I'm getting no reading on the tach. I was thinking the problem might be the tach drive on the bike, but unscrewed the cable on that end and put it in my drill...
  10. Backroader

Tach Problems !

Took out the tach cable to make sure it was not broken. Lubed it as well. Seems it will only operate between 1500 and 2000 rpm on the gauge.... when the engine is running... Any thoughts or answers ? Much appreciated
  11. Member267

Meter Dampers

Hi , What are most of you guys useing for the rubber dampers under the meters ( speedo & tach ) on the 75 XS650 ?. My speedo just is loose and rotates this way then that as it is running, with nothing to stop it. Ideas ??:confused: Thanks John
  12. 72XS2

Speedometer and tachometer rebuild

Is there anyone who can tell me if there is a place where they rebuild tach and speedometer for XS650? The front glass is broken on my XS2 tachometer but except that, it is in good shape. I have another tach here but the little green lens (for neutral) is missing.
  13. tonyc

Mike's Miniature Speedometer

Hello people. I am in need of some help. I am making a dash for my project to mount the speedometer and tachometer. I need to remove the speedometer re-set knob for the odometer and I apparently do not know how. I tried turning it the opposite direction but it just spends. If anyone has...
Back