tank

1. NerdyNerd

1982 TANK

So I knocked off the paint on the 82's tank... unfortunately it's just COVERED in Bondo and has some pinholes. While fixable it would be a nightmare. Is anyone aware of any non oem tanks that definitely fit on these bikes because I've been seeing some pretty bad reviews online for tanks not...
  2. A

Wanted - Rust and dent free Special tank wanted

I am interested in a good condition Special tank. Preferably no dents and minimal rust/ corrosion inside. Tank cap and petcock is not neccessary, as it will be modded slightly anyway.
  3. Grimmith

GAS TANK RUST REMOVAL

I can now remove as much rust as possible through Electrolysis, which is using water and electricity. It's a 1-3 day process depending on how well you want it done. It can take up to 5 days, really depending on how bad it is inside. I can only do one tank at a time for now, until I'm able to get...
  4. Grimmith

For Sale - RUST REMOVAL for Motorcycle Gas Tanks

I can now remove as much rust as possible through Electrolysis, which is using water and electricity. It's a 1-3 day process depending on how well you want it done. It can take up to 5 days, really depending on how bad it is inside. I can only do one tank at a time for now, until I'm able to get...
  5. H

Xs650 Tank

Does anyone one how wide the underside valley of the xs650 tank is? I'm looking to buy one but I don't know if it will fit my bike.
  6. anthony44

what year is this gas tank?

Anyone know? Trying to get the correct gas cap. Thanks!
  7. M

Fiberglass Question

Ok. Just bought my '83 XS in-a-basket and am getting ready to start my street tracker project. I figure seat and tank are the right place to start. I keep hearing these horror stories about ethanol eating fiberglass resin. Is there an alternative to fiberglass out there? Are there glass tanks...
  8. nj1639

Trade - Magura 13mm master cylinder

I just pulled this off the '78. There's no threading for a mirror and no wiring for the brake light. I'll be looking for stock chrome parts as in chain guard and fenders or a decent fuel tank and metal tins......Standard or Special. I've also got a nice Special tach with high beam and neutral...
  9. Dale Harris

Sold / Found / Inactive - fuel tank '83

Black fuel tank off an 83 heritage. No leaks, dents, or rust. Fuel valve has no leaks. Comes with 2 matching keys Located in CA, 92584 Make an offer 9515913017
  10. S

Show me your solution for the cs 750 tank

Can anyone show me how they set up their xs 750 tank on the xs 650 frame? pictures would be great Need tips on how others did it.
  11. GeorgeOC

Wanted - XS650B / 1975 Gas Tank Cap Assy

Hello everyone, looking for a miracle here... I had no idea the 75' tanks would have a needle in a haystack for a cap assembly. DOH! I've already painted the tank! I have the primary cover, some of the pins, but looking the rest, or a full assembly, especially the key/lock portion. Thanks...
  12. staggers

Pics of my build so far

Hey all, I got a DT400 tank that I'm trying out on my café build, What are your thoughts? It's just sitting on for now
  13. K

fuel line on 75 tank to vm34's

hey guys I was just wondering how you run your fuel lines? as the size from the fuel tap/petcock on the tank requires a smaller size fuel line than the vm34 takes. I also want to run an inline filter but there doesn't seem to be any inline filters that have the smaller barb on one side to...
  14. Black22

Painted my tank!!!

Finished painting my tank today. It's not perfect, but this is my first paint job. I used Lil' Daddy Roths Rattlebombs! That's right this is from a rattle can! Sorry for the upside down pics. I don't know why this site does this or how to correct it. Any tips are welcome.
  15. A

"Special" tank with aircraft type fuel cap

Hi! I am considering getting a "Special" tank for my -77 standard tracker/scrambler project, just for the slimmer look/lower weight. The plan is then to replace the stock fuel cap with an alloy "aircraft style" filler cap. I realize there will be some fabrication involved, since the stock cap...
  16. J

Holes in my tank!

Hey guys so I started to sand off all the paint on my tank to repaint it, then low and behold, beneath the paint and a thin layer of possibly epoxy I found hold on the underside of my tank (see picutres.) Im guessing epoxy will fix that right up. But I'd love to hear some cheap ideas to fix...
  17. Gcraay

where did this tank come from?

I got this tank with abunch of junk. My neighbor believes it may be worth something. I am looking to identify the tank. It has only a small dent on the top. Barely enough for a pinky finger. Any idea of the age and worth would be appreciated.
  18. Lasper01

Honda CB550 tank on XS?

Hi guys! I saw a really cool Triumph with an old Honda CB550 (maybe CB500) tank on it. Has anyone know if the tank is a pretty easy match with a XS? Found the pictures.. :) [/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG]
  19. P

Can anyone identify this Yamaha Enduro tank?

I'm pretty sure this tank comes off a yamaha enduro, but I'm not sure of the model and can't seem to find it. Really like the shape: Thanks!
  20. S

will it fit

Hi again. Will the 1980 ish tank with one petcock fit my 78 standard frame.....also how does the petrol arrive from one side to the other:confused:Many thanks:cheers:
Back