knocking

1. E

Weird knocking

Hey im new here and just bought my first bike, its an 1977 xs650 and its got a knocking sound. The seller said it needed a valve adjustment, that didnt seem to work so I adjusted the cam. The sound is basically gone but now the bike idles at 2k and the smokes coming out the exhaust. Any ideas?
  2. E

Right side engine noise

So i'm honestly not sure if this noise is new or maybe I just haven't noticed it before. Cam chain tensioner/valves done correctly about 500 miles ago nothing on the bike has changed. It isn't a distinct metal knocking nor a carb chirp but its something in between the two. I can only hear it...
  3. Captainplanet

Weird clicking pt.2

I had a previous had a previous thread started about a weird "clicking". I got my pamco in and it running and it's still there. We've tried cam chai adjustment and made sure by pulling the advance unit it wasn't off but still no idea. It's an 83. No rephrase or Anthony different.
  4. Maxx650

Top end tapping sound

Hey everyone, I've got a pretty noticeable tapping (knocking?) sound coming from my top end. It's a 79 special - mostly stock, pamco, performance airpods. Installed oversized pistons in January and had the valves recut and seated by my mechanic. I've taken it to my mechanic who is very...
  5. mrkelvinator

Does this sound normal?

Does this sound normal? FIXED So that's the noise; I've adjusted the cam chain, valves and ignition timing in that order. Haven't got to the cleaning the carbs yet. It has contact points as well. What do you guys think?
Back