Dang it, can't catch a break!

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
It's Spring and I'm getting the "service my lawn mower" jobs. Working on my second zero turn and initially intended to sharpen the blades that are on it.

Got them off and got to looking at them and two are banged up badly enough that new ones are in order.

"Darn," sez I, "I'll have to hop in the Vette and run to Ellsworth for a set of blades".

Nobody in Ellsworth has them in stock. 54" deck. All sorts of them for the 50" deck, nada for the 54".

Had to order them from Amazon. Poop.

($86.50 for a set of 3 BTW...)

It's Spring and I'm getting the "service my lawn mower" jobs. Working on my second zero turn and initially intended to sharpen the blades that are on it.

Got them off and got to looking at them and two are banged up badly enough that new ones are in order.

"Darn," sez I, "I'll have to hop in the Vette and run to Ellsworth for a set of blades".

Nobody in Ellsworth has them in stock. 54" deck. All sorts of them for the 50" deck, nada for the 54".

Had to order them from Amazon. Poop.

($86.50 for a set of 3 BTW...)
Since I live near Coldwater, MS (population 1500), Amazon is my go-to. I installed my Amazon mower blades on Friday. The mower is a Big Dog Alpha. I try to support local business, but there is very little for me to support and some of the few there are seem to enjoy making it a challenge. Gas prices are high and covid taught me everything can come to my front door, including the groceries, even out in the sticks.

Back