Overflow Pipes

wrenchead

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
After cleaning both carbs on the 74 TX 650, the overflow pipes need to be replaced. Does anyone have the exact length measurements on either/both of these parts?

After cleaning both carbs on the 74 TX 650, the overflow pipes need to be replaced. Does anyone have the exact length measurements on either/both of these parts?
What are overflow pipes?:umm:

Pretty sure it's tubes inside the float bowl.
float bowl overflow BS38.jpg
They're height limited by the carb body above so just shy of that?

Attachments

• underside overflow height limit.jpg
    underside overflow height limit.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I probably have the name wrong. I’m referring to the two tubes that join both carbs when the carbs are mounted on the intake manifolds. They both appear to be about an inch and a half in length.

Cut them out of soft tygon fuel line. One is the choke circuit cross over. (There's only one choke on those carbs) The other the fuel feed cross connect. Assemble on intakes measure body to body cut that length

I probably have the name wrong. I’m referring to the two tubes that join both carbs when the carbs are mounted on the intake manifolds. They both appear to be about an inch and a half in length.
74-75 BS38s.JPG

Filthy as removed carbs but note the bowl vents are not connected and drop down through a tab held by a float bowl screw.
76-77 bowl vents.jpg

Back