Whats your weather right now?

We will hit our first 90 degree temps this week! 🙁 The snowbirds will be fleeing soon! 😄
IMG_6938.jpeg

62° and sunny. More importantly, dead calm winds. Gettin' kinda tired of steppin' into a wind tunnel every time I venture outside.
It'll be short lived though... forecast's for gusts to 45mph (again) on Thur and Fri. :cussing:

I'll enjoy today though.

Had The Brat MOT certificate done last week; the ride back home, trying to avoid the rain bursts. Roads still full of wet grime so by the time I covered the 16 miles The Brat was covered in a shitty haze of dirt. Now needs a day of cleaning.

The MOT did give me hope of improving weather; so I decided to remove the SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice) and pay for the annual road tax. Our road tax office the Driver & Vehicle License Authority (Road Tax) force you to pay from 01.04.2024 :(

So looking at the weather forecast I thought :poo: to that. I will wait until next month, and tax it for 6 months (May to October) then SORN through the winter.

Good thing Taffy is exempt from this Government cash grab, as no MOT or Road Tax is required due to being over 40 years old.

Bastard weather; when will the Sun get its bloody hat on.?

It’s nice. Cool with abundant sunshine. Clarksdale, MS is 65 miles away. The Juke Joint Festival is going on now. I’ll go down and back today and again tomorrow. I’ll take the XS1100 as it has a strong headlight and will do better on Highway 61.

Its been glorious today; light cloud and sunshine, pleasant temps all day so far.
Perfect day for bike riding...............
Only yesterday I promised my wife if the weather was good I would service the strimmer and lawnmower; and do the first lawn cut of the year.
Started at 8.30 this morning and finished up about 2.00pm. Too late for a ride so went to the pub for some :cheers: and 'man chat'. Next day off is my time for the bikes I believe 🙏.

Capture.PNG

Got the first cut done on Thursday, after getting back from seeing Elliot on the RE. Only managed to cut one area - the bit nearest the house. Has rained at least part of the time every day since so I dunno when the rest will be cut.

Got the first cut done on Thursday, after getting back from seeing Elliot on the RE. Only managed to cut one area - the bit nearest the house. Has rained at least part of the time every day since so I dunno when the rest will be cut.
I've decided to get a sheep (Wales has loads) to keep the grass down; dont give a poop about the dahlias and daffodils. Mind you Mrs C might have a say about that!

I can’t imagine living where they have tornados , those things freak me out! Their destruction is just so random! 😬
I’m more than imagining it now. We’ve been here five years and two have passed within five miles. I saw the devastation at Rolling Forks, MS with my own eyes and it makes me wonder how anyone survived.

Meanwhile, I hope your power never quits. That desert isn’t any too friendly.

Back