Whats your weather right now?

what is "trof" ?
It is the NOAA's way of spelling "trough". It is a low pressure ridge in the upper atmosphere which (as low pressure does) "sucks air upward" and thus causes lifting of air. If the air is moist (in the south by the gulf), that moisture condenses quickly into visible vapor and as it is lifted even higher, it cools to the point of forming water droplets that cannot be suspended in the atmosphere any longer, at which point gravity wins and rain starts. With the fast lifting and rain falling, there is plenty of static electricity buildup and a storm is born.

Attachments

• graph_prods_legend.jpg
    graph_prods_legend.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 7
It is the NOAA's way of spelling "trough". It is a low pressure ridge in the upper atmosphere which (as low pressure does) "sucks air upward" and thus causes lifting of air. If the air is moist (in the south by the gulf), that moisture condenses quickly into visible vapor and as it is lifted even higher, it cools to the point of forming water droplets that cannot be suspended in the atmosphere any longer, at which point gravity wins and rain starts. With the fast lifting and rain falling, there is plenty of static electricity buildup and a storm is born.
Thanks! I suppose that since they have "DEI" and all the associated educational difficulties...I mean NOAA is a funny way to spell Noah - I should have twigged. Sure trof, why not! ;) Let's hear it for the newspelrul, eh? The ebonic was hilarious, "trof" is even better!

In our zone, about miles down the valley around Oroville, tornadoes also occur. Not very many...but they happen... Tend to big enough to rip building apart and throw a car into a tree or whatever.

Best of luck, seriously.

twisty wind (from a post at another forum) excerpt>My wife and I moved to Texas from Oklahoma five years ago, and thought we had escaped from "tornado alley." Last night, a swath of terrible storms cut across the center of the country all the way from the Mexican border south of Odessa TX to Lake Huron, spawning dozens if not hundreds of Twisters of various sizes and intensity.<

fryin' pan n' fire...?

Ah rekonz they were a tiny bit anxious.

One time fishin' off Santa Monica in a 12 foot boat there were twisties and lightin'. Both at sea and near it...ripped up some buildings ashore iirc. This august display of nature's wrath and power upset my finshin' pal Honda Joe, a lot! Me not so much. Y'all only die once, and there's nothing yew kin do about it in a small boat 'cept keep fishin', eh? At that point Alea iacta est

Another slow drizzling day
Ill take the rain
This is starting to look like last year not much snow drizzly spring I'm just hoping it doesn't turn to total drought like last summer
From April throughout the summer we got little to no rain and that sucks
On a positive note I didn't need to cut the lawn all summer

Was jus' fixing to call and check on you. Weatherman just showed the storm map. Looks like it's right on top of you.... baseball sized hail!?! :yikes:
Yeah, same shit, different day. Severe storms and tornado watch. Feel like I'm stuck in a groundhogs day movie or sumpin' .. :cautious:

Tornado warning as usual. Glenda, cats and I are in the basement. Heads up Jim It`s moving east.

Yeah, same shit, different day. Severe storms and tornado watch. Feel like I'm stuck in a groundhogs day movie or sumpin' ..

Holy Cow you guys! 😲 We got room here in Arizona. Worse that’ll happen to you here is heat stroke!

Was jus' fixing to call and check on you. Weatherman just showed the storm map. Looks like it's right on top of you.... baseball sized hail!?! :yikes:
Yeah, same shit, different day. Severe storms and tornado watch. Feel like I'm stuck in a groundhogs day movie or sumpin' .. :cautious:
The storm missed me completely.:thumbsup: No hail, rain or high winds or anything "Yet". The night is young.:shrug:

Back